Confused about online bookings

RumpunchGirl

I was doing a ghost booking for Norwegian Dawn out of New Orleans on Jan. 10, 2016. I selected the suite category, then I clicked on the Penthouse Suite with Large Balcony. It dropped down more info about the Suite and right under the photo this is what it says:

Penthouse with Large Balcony

Perfect for the two of you. Enjoy plenty of room to relax, lounge, eat and slumber. Breathe in the refreshing ocean air — and take in the breathtaking view from your large, private balcony.

Book this suite for a 5+ day cruise at least nine months in advance, and automatically receive $300 to spend on board or $150 for 1- to 4-day sailings.

So when I select this and continue I get the screen with the the "My Vacation Summary on the right side and it show only $150 in OBC under what the total price of the cruise would be. This is clearly a 7 day cruise. So what am I missing? Why only the $150 OBC instead of the $300 OBC is was stated in the previous page? Thanks for any info you have!

Uncheck the "latitudes" box. That's a latitudes offer, and it's not combinable. You want the $300 instead of the latitudes offer.

I didn't have the latitudes box checked, I didn't even select my state. If I decided to book this I will call NCL first and see what's up.

I experienced the same issue for the same ship for the week following you. I called my PCC and asked her what was going on. Here is what she told me. There is currently two offers on the table. Up to $250 bonus obc, which is actually only $150 on the Dawn as it doesn`t have a Haven. The Haven bookings get the $250. There is also the $300 obc for booking a suite 9+months in advance. For whatever reason the website doesn`t show the Suite obc when it is combined with another offer. I ran in to the exact scenario when I booked my cruise for this coming January. Same amount of obc offered then as well however the website only showed me $150 for obc. So I called my PCC to book it and she confirmed I will get $450 obc. It must be a glitch in their site.

I experienced the same issue for the same ship for the week following you. I called my PCC and asked her what was going on. Here is what she told me. There is currently two offers on the table. Up to $250 bonus obc, which is actually only $150 on the Dawn as it doesn`t have a Haven. The Haven bookings get the $250. There is also the $300 obc for booking a suite 9+months in advance. For whatever reason the website doesn`t show the Suite obc when it is combined with another offer. I ran in to the exact scenario when I booked my cruise for this coming January. Same amount of obc offered then as well however the website only showed me $150 for obc. So I called my PCC to book it and she confirmed I will get $450 obc. It must be a glitch in their site.

Make sure you actually see the $450 on your confirmation. Our last two cruises (one booked right now) they have not allowed combining any of these other OBC's with the $300 suite OBC. If you get it, good for you, come back and let us know. I've escalated this up and down NCL's management and gotten nowhere. The say nothing will combine with 9 month suite OBC.

You might want to double check that. I was told it was not combinable, and my PCC is one of the good ones.

You might want to double check that. I was told it was not combinable, and my PCC is one of the good ones.

Make sure you actually see the $450 on your confirmation. Our last two cruises (one booked right now) they have not allowed combining any of these other OBC's with the $300 suite OBC. If you get it, good for you, come back and let us know. I've escalated this up and down NCL's management and gotten nowhere. The say nothing will combine with 9 month suite OBC.

******UPDATE******

My apologies folks. After reading both of the above posts I decided to call my pcc back to confirm what the offer and deal was. Apparently both of the current promotions can be combined but......here is where my pcc missed a little condition of the offers.

Here is how it breaks down after we got to the nitty gritty of the offer. There are two possible scenarios and they are as follows:

CASE 1: Accept the $300 obc for booking the suite 9+ months in advance

CASE 2: Accept the promotional offer (up to $250 obc) and combine it with the suite early booking bonus of (here is the tid bit of info my pcc missed on the first call) $150.

You get the full $300 for the suite only if you accept that promotion alone. The promotional $250 offer is exactly as I stated in my original post. It is only an offer for $150 obc for a suite as the full booking bonus of $250 is only for booking the Haven. Since the Dawn does not have a Haven, the max obc for this promotion on the Dawn is $150.

If you follow me so far, it boils down to a maximum of $300 obc no matter what way you slice it for this promotion. I certainly hope this makes sense to all. Thanks to rvsullivan and SissasMomE for the comments that caused me to call back to get clarification. I guess I should have booked it the first time I called instead of waiting for DW to get home from work to ask her if she wanted to do this itinerary......lol :p

Turns out our current booking we have $450 obc....$300 for the early booking bonus for the suite and another $150 for a latitudes insider offer. Apparently a latitudes offer CAN be combined. Oops, my bad. I forgot it was a latitudes offer and not just a regular obc offer as this one. Sorry :(

Last night DH booked a cruise for 1-17-2016 on the Dawn, OS #9006. Our new PCC said he didn't see anything about the $300 OBC for booking 9 months early and that we would only get $250. We read it to him word for word 3 times but still he said his system would only do the $250. So he said he would talk to a supervisor but would have to do so in the morning (today). I'm happy to report that the issue has been resolved and our OBC is now showing $300.

pisensor - what is this latitudes offer you speak of?

Hi there Rumpunchgirl... The latitudes offer we received was being offered back in December when we booked. Not being offered right now. Sorry for the confusion.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Forums mobile app