Dream- honest

Tbh I often check reviews, but rarely write them myself as I always worry what I like others will not. However I was intrigued to see what others thought of the same cruise as I was on as this was our first cruise. I wanted to write a review as other reviews had sent me into panic before our cruise thinking the dream was horrible. I was surprised by the bad reviews the dream recieved from others so I wanted to give a differing perspective.

Flight on time, thomson staff pleasant and helpful. Straight forward booking onto the ship. Cabin was larger than I expected, but it thought I was going to be living in a show box for two weeks. Three of us in one cabin and still plenary roon. Slightly disappointed at the plain white bedding. Silly I know but I do think the orange throw in the pictures really brightens the room. It was clean and basic, but more than we expected for the minimal time we were spending in the cabin. Cannot fault our steward Ronaldo - he kept the place spotless And friendly.

Ship itself agin exceeded our expectations, clean and nicely decorated. Plenary choice f bar areas. Although it was frustrating at busy times waiting on a drink when people would walk in and get drinks before us especially as when I did go to the bar to queue I was asked to sit down, but that really was minor. Red wine quality was great - not one hangover which was a bonus.

Ate mostly in them mdr-food quality was superior to any four star hotel we have stayed in. You literally could eat all day if you wanted. I especially loved a wee scone in the afternoon.

Pool areas clean. We personally had no problems finding beds except int afternoons after trips. We expected this and always did get a seat or a bed in the shade, just not in prime position. Staff came and took drinks orders at the pool also.

Shows I found were really good, with over a two week period two that were horrific. However I put this down to taste and know others would love an Andrew Lloyd's and clasical type spectacular. My particular fav was the queen show. Tbh we did our own thing and did not get involved int other entertainment. In my opinion this is why thomson is so good as you can get involved in as much or as little as you like.

Now for the bad........

Several customers believe it or not. We are younger and have never had such ageism on any holiday. The height of this was an older gent with a stick marching up to us on the top deck of the pool and accusing us of stealing his two euro paper towels and bed. Bearing in mind thomson provide the towels and I'm much more accustomed to heat magazine than the mirror. He then proceeded to shout and wave his stick very aggressively. For my partner it was funny but for me I was ragin as I would never treat anyone like this no matter what their age.

Although it did make my day when it was pointed out to his wife they were actually on the wrong side of the ship and his paper and towels were exactly where he left them.

Again another passenger with a small child I saw being treated horrifically by another passenger. Her little one was on reigns walking about and he felt it his duty to huff and rudely tell ur it was not a crèche. We all pay the same price no one has more or less right to be on holiday although some people may think so.

Overall it was an amazing holiday with some great ports. I most likely will do it again but the attitude of several passengers have gave me mixed opinion which really is a shame as overall it's a great ship with lovely staff

Lovely review. I chickened out for the same reason as you feeling my opinions would not be worth giving. We all have our own personal priorities of what we like or dislike, and not everything about any ship will please everyone on her.

I loved the Dream, loved Island Escape and loved Majesty, and in August expect to love Spirit for the Fire and Ice cruise. Passengers though can be good or bad on any ship, and whatever I feel about manners of others, I just accept as long as I am happy with the ship I would not be put off by others. They could be on your next choice of ship too!!

Thank you for your honest review.

Please don't let the minority of rude fellow passengers put you off what us an amazing holiday!

We always encounter amazing crew and fellow passengers. However when you put a large group of humans together you will always find some not do considerate ones!!

Suzy x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a great holiday. Really enjoyed myself. It was an older clientele on board, so entertainment and music was geared towards the over 60s. Can understand that as they were in the majority. We mentioned this to one of the entertainment team and it seemed to us they did play a more wide selection of music after that. My biggest and only real upset were some of the staff. A big let down after majesty and destiny. However some were lovely, and we spent some time getting to know some of the staff in the Orion and waters edge.

Thanks very much OT for your interesting review.

I find the incidents you report here are quite awful and am glad I have never experienced anything like that on a Thomson cruise.

I certainly hope it doesn't put you off as we have found the fellow passengers to be one of Thomson's key strengths.

Thanks for the review. It's good to have feedback and it helps paint a rounded picture. I'm pleased you enjoyed your first cruise.

It's important that we read reviews in the context of 'the whole'. Unfortunately we often focus in on any negatives and that colours what our overall impression of the review intends to convey.

As you discovered there may be a few issues on your cruise which you wish had been different (in this case some bad mannered guests) but it's right that you report it. And I would hope all reviews are the author's honest opinion and that we all feel free to express them. (A few hatchet jobs and agendas to one side - we occasionally see those but I'm sure we can all recognise it when we are reading the extreme reviews which aren't very balanced). Of course as you quite rightly say, what one likes, another may not but it's up to the reader to assess the relevance of those.

My message would be to read all reviews carefully and be sure to note the positives along with any negatives. Try to determine how many reviews are making the same point (is it a recurrent theme?), on balance do the good aspects of reviews outweigh the importance of any bad points and how important those issues are to you.

I hope you enjoy your future cruising - I bet you're already thinking where you might go next :D and keep doing reviews. A Forum is little use unless people post and keep the information coming! Thanks again for taking the time and trouble to let us know of your experience. :)

Tbh I often check reviews, but rarely write them myself as I always worry what I like others will not. However I was intrigued to see what others thought of the same cruise as I was on as this was our first cruise. I wanted to write a review as other reviews had sent me into panic before our cruise thinking the dream was horrible. I was surprised by the bad reviews the dream recieved from others so I wanted to give a differing perspective.

Flight on time, thomson staff pleasant and helpful. Straight forward booking onto the ship. Cabin was larger than I expected, but it thought I was going to be living in a show box for two weeks. Three of us in one cabin and still plenary roon. Slightly disappointed at the plain white bedding. Silly I know but I do think the orange throw in the pictures really brightens the room. It was clean and basic, but more than we expected for the minimal time we were spending in the cabin. Cannot fault our steward Ronaldo - he kept the place spotless And friendly.

Ship itself agin exceeded our expectations, clean and nicely decorated. Plenary choice f bar areas. Although it was frustrating at busy times waiting on a drink when people would walk in and get drinks before us especially as when I did go to the bar to queue I was asked to sit down, but that really was minor. Red wine quality was great - not one hangover which was a bonus.

Ate mostly in them mdr-food quality was superior to any four star hotel we have stayed in. You literally could eat all day if you wanted. I especially loved a wee scone in the afternoon.

Pool areas clean. We personally had no problems finding beds except int afternoons after trips. We expected this and always did get a seat or a bed in the shade, just not in prime position. Staff came and took drinks orders at the pool also.

Shows I found were really good, with over a two week period two that were horrific. However I put this down to taste and know others would love an Andrew Lloyd's and clasical type spectacular. My particular fav was the queen show. Tbh we did our own thing and did not get involved int other entertainment. In my opinion this is why thomson is so good as you can get involved in as much or as little as you like.

Now for the bad........

Several customers believe it or not. We are younger and have never had such ageism on any holiday. The height of this was an older gent with a stick marching up to us on the top deck of the pool and accusing us of stealing his two euro paper towels and bed. Bearing in mind thomson provide the towels and I'm much more accustomed to heat magazine than the mirror. He then proceeded to shout and wave his stick very aggressively. For my partner it was funny but for me I was ragin as I would never treat anyone like this no matter what their age.

Although it did make my day when it was pointed out to his wife they were actually on the wrong side of the ship and his paper and towels were exactly where he left them.

Again another passenger with a small child I saw being treated horrifically by another passenger. Her little one was on reigns walking about and he felt it his duty to huff and rudely tell ur it was not a crèche. We all pay the same price no one has more or less right to be on holiday although some people may think so.

Overall it was an amazing holiday with some great ports. I most likely will do it again but the attitude of several passengers have gave me mixed opinion which really is a shame as overall it's a great ship with lovely staff

Many thanks for your reply to me and for your great review (and to other cruisers) I am really looking forward to September.

Best wishes

dorlor x :)

Well done for posting your true thoughts.

We have been on a few cruises and subsequently read terrible reviews and wondered if we were on the same cruise.

You are quite correct, everyone has paid for their holiday and deserve to enjoy it as they please, as long as they do not offend others.

It does not matter what line you travel on, there will always be 1 or 2 who think they have bought the ship.

The good news is, we have met far more really nice people, than the few complainers.

We have never met a rude or nasty member of staff, and it makes our blood boil when we see a passenger treating them badly, thankfully that is very rare.

There's good people and there s rude people everywhere. I did see one passenger be very abrupt with the servers at the buffet but it just made me be even more polite to them. Thankfully most people are not like that

Re the older clientele comment ...............

I always find it somewhat irritating to see old crocs who on there holidays have stampeded you out of the way at the buffet, trampled you for the elevator, so there in time to boogie the night away swinging there skirts about and dancing till dawn like Danny Kay on speed ............ only to arrive at the airport for there return home, suddenly with stick in hand requesting special assistance ,,, a wheel chair,,,, and a poor ole slave to push them through to boarding. No waiting, standing, dragging around luggage and first on the aeroplane.

Oh the plight of the elderly !!!!

As Nan Taylor would say " Whatta F***ing Liberty"