Misc queries re Michael's Club and Bistro on 5

Cruiseaholic 8

Hello All

Could anyone help me with a couple of questions please.

First, I have read on here that there is a new menu in Bistro on 5 and that the fee has gone up to $7. I just wondered if this is the only fee paying restaurant which has gone up in price? Has the Porch or any of the others? Also, does anyone have a better copy of the new menu, as I could not read the one which someone else had taken a picture of very well.

Also, am I right in thinking that Michael's Club is now reserved for suite guests only? I think I saw it said that they now have a variety of beers and lagers in Cellar Masters, instead of in Michael's. Is this the case, as my husband likes to try the different beers in there and was hoping to still be able to when we go on the Silhouette in August! ;)

Thank you.

Hello All

Could anyone help me with a couple of questions please.

First, I have read on here that there is a new menu in Bistro on 5 and that the fee has gone up to $7. I just wondered if this is the only fee paying restaurant which has gone up in price? Has the Porch or any of the others? Also, does anyone have a better copy of the new menu, as I could not read the one which someone else had taken a picture of very well.

Also, am I right in thinking that Michael's Club is now reserved for suite guests only? I think I saw it said that they now have a variety of beers and lagers in Cellar Masters, instead of in Michael's. Is this the case, as my husband likes to try the different beers in there and was hoping to still be able to when we go on the Silhouette in August! ;)

Thank you.

All the specialty restaurants prices have increased. I am not sure of the specifics, but basically assume $5 increase across the board, except bistro went up $2.

Michaels is now reserved for the Premium suites (i.e. not Sky Suites which other lines would call a Junior Suite), Captain's Club Zenith Members, and certain VIP guests as the line or ship's staff may determine on a case by case basis. Beers have moved to Cellar Masters, but selection is not quite the same at this point. They are experimenting with new bar called GastroBar where Cellar Masters was on Equinox, and it has a great range of beers. It's assumed they will roll this concept out to all ships at some point in time, perhaps next April when they also roll out the dedicated Suite Dining room, but that won't help you this August.

All the specialty restaurants prices have increased. I am not sure of the specifics, but basically assume $5 increase across the board, except bistro went up $2.

Michaels is now reserved for the Premium suites (i.e. not Sky Suites which other lines would call a Junior Suite), Captain's Club Zenith Members, and certain VIP guests as the line or ship's staff may determine on a case by case basis. Beers have moved to Cellar Masters, but selection is not quite the same at this point. They are experimenting with new bar called GastroBar where Cellar Masters was on Equinox, and it has a great range of beers. It's assumed they will roll this concept out to all ships at some point in time, perhaps next April when they also roll out the dedicated Suite Dining room, but that won't help you this August.

A slight correction: The Porch on Silhouette and Reflection has also gone up $2 to $7.

Edited by Orator

Thank you for that.

Does this also mean that the price for the Ultimate Dining Package has also gone up? We are going to purchase this when we are on board. I know it was $29 per person, per day. I wonder if that will be more now then?

The price for ultimate dining was still $29.00 per person when we just booked it 2 weeks ago on our Alaska cruise, but the price for Bistro, not on the package, had indeed gone up to $7.00