Strollers on the ship'

Going on the dream next month and wondering if you can rent a stroller on the ship. If so, any idea of the rental price. Thanks.

No, you'll have to bring one with you. I recommend just buying the smallest and lightest umbrella stroller you can find. They're not expensive.

Edited by gtalum

No, you'll have to bring one with you. I recommend just buying the smallest and lightest umbrella stroller you can find. They're not expensive.

Good point. Another thing to consider is that some of the double wide's can be a real pain to get through some hallways and door jams.

Good point. Another thing to consider is that some of the double wide's can be a real pain to get through some hallways and door jams.

Agreed. A double-wide would be a serious pain. An umbrella stroller is easy to collapse and carry when necessary.

We are on cruise number four with our Maclaren umbrella stroller. Lightweight, reclines, and has a carry strap. Our son has slept in it every cruise since he was 10 months old. They are a little pricey; we got our gently used on craigslist and it was an awesome investment.

Actually, you can rent a stroller on the ship- I remember seeing them in Camp Carnival when I dropped my child off. I can't remember the brand, but they were umbrella strollers and I think they were $25/week?

They have Jeep brand umbrella strollers and it's something like $25-30 to rent. I know it was $25 in 2012 but prices for pretty much everything have changed since then so I don't know how much it is now. We just saw them on the Sunshine in May when we toured CC on the first day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Mrs CruisinCritter

We are on cruise number four with our Maclaren umbrella stroller. Lightweight, reclines, and has a carry strap. Our son has slept in it every cruise since he was 10 months old. They are a little pricey; we got our gently used on craigslist and it was an awesome investment.

We have the MacLaren Quest and it's great for a cruise. Top provides great shade, light weight, narrow and easily maneuverable. Highly recommend it.

Baby Stroller: 5day +

$30.00 rental fee for entire cruise

$75.00 damage fee if returned damaged

Baby Stroller: 3day/4day

$8.00 per day

$75.00 damage fee if returned damaged

Single and Double Stroller: collapsible; roof/umbrella

Strollers can be used on the ship and in the port-of-calls.

Note: Double Strollers may not be available on all ships.

Note: The above may be rented on board, whether participating in Camp Carnival/Camp Ocean or not, unless noted otherwise.

Single Stroller

Jeep - Kolcraft Enterprises, Inc.

"Jeep Wrangler All Weather”

Model: 55095 – PA25512 (CN)

Note: For rental use

Double Stroller

“Jeep Wrangler Twin All Weather”

Model: 55111 - XS

Note: For rental use

Edited by Legend

Actually, you can rent a stroller on the ship- I remember seeing them in Camp Carnival when I dropped my child off. I can't remember the brand, but they were umbrella strollers and I think they were $25/week?

they used to have JEEP brand strollers (but last time I rented was about 6 years ago.

Camp is where you do rent them from

We didn't have any trouble with a standard stroller onboard; we took DD everywhere in it. Plus it's useful in port because of the basket underneath to carry our stuff (or even onboard ship to carry the diaper bag). SO glad we took that instead of an umbrella stroller.

Whatever kind you bring, if you're flying, it doesn't count against your carryon luggage, and it's hand-carried to the baggage bay on the plane (doesn't go through the baggage system).