Epic June 29, 2014 Looking for Friends of Bill W.

Palm Tree 28

Hello All. We will be cruising starting in Barcelona on June 29, 2014. Looking to meet a few friends of Bill W. (Celebrating 1 year this week) I'm sure NCL has meetings but I am assuming they will mostly be scheduled while we will be off the ship. If anyone has any info or would like to exchange information I would appreciate it. We will be staying in Barcelona 2 days prior to sailing and 5 days post. Thanks

If you go to the roll call section of this forum then you should be able to find a thread for your cruise. Sorry, I can't do a link as I'm not posting from my computer.

I just checked the dailies, and Friends of Bill W meetings seem to happen at 6pm on the Epic in the Med. The ship is usually still in port at that time, but it's only 30 minutes before all aboard, so most people will be back for then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello All. We will be cruising starting in Barcelona on June 29, 2014. Looking to meet a few friends of Bill W. (Celebrating 1 year this week) I'm sure NCL has meetings but I am assuming they will mostly be scheduled while we will be off the ship. If anyone has any info or would like to exchange information I would appreciate it. We will be staying in Barcelona 2 days prior to sailing and 5 days post. Thanks

I'm on your sailing. On all my past sailings with NCL I have seen friends of Bill on the daily schedule. They are usually in the early evening every night around pre dinner time. I met a lady on a past cruise and did quite a few activities with her and her husband during the day. I made a comment at one stage that I never seemed to see them of a night. She commented her husband was a friend of Bills so they went there each night. They then went to dinner and spent their evening with people from there.

Congratulations- one year is a great achievement!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you Karoo, good info! Now I know 1 other person on the cruise!! We are a family of 4, two moms and 23 &19 big kids. They each have a studio and its our first time on the epic. Happy packing, yuck!

I'm in a studio. Packing- I'm attempting to pack light for the first time ever. Could be a massive fail though!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you Karoo, good info! Now I know 1 other person on the cruise!! We are a family of 4, two moms and 23 &19 big kids. They each have a studio and its our first time on the epic. Happy packing, yuck!

Have just returned from Epic sailing from Barcelona on 8th June. I was a solo traveller and although I was not in one of the studio cabins as a solo I had access to the Studio Lounge where those travelling alone were able to meet up each evening at 6.30 and we would then go in groups to dinner, shows, entertainment. I did get to look in one of the studios and they are very nice, just ideal for one and I would certainly consider having one if I were to travel on Epic again. For me though it was such a huge ship (I am more accustomed to smaller ships) but NCL have got it right for solos with the studios and no single supplements.

Enjoy your cruise.

Suron

Just to give you a giggle, when I did my very first cruise, I kept seeing in the daily paper that the friends of Bill W were meeting again. I thought Bill W must be a hugely popular man who had organised all his friends into going on a cruise! It took a couple of cruises before I clicked :-) And yes I am blonde!