FLL cruise pre-departure hotel - which of these would you pick?

jkgourmet

Two couples need hotel rooms for one night pre cruise. Both arriving in late afternoon, so we'll really not be able to use the amenities very much. Do want a reasonably priced dinner and maybe breakfast in the am. Free shuttle from airport, but we'll get a taxi to the port in the am.

Also want a nearby shop for last minute items and maybe some wine.

Looking at the following, with rates from LMT Club (great rates, btw!). All have free shuttle from airport: (taxes not included)

Crowne Plaza Cruiseport - $80

Cambria Suites, Dania Beach - $76

SpringHill Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport - $98 includes breakfast buffet

Which would you choose for our needs and why? And if I've missed a good one in this kind of price range, please don't hesitate to tell me!

Edited by jkgourmet

Those are good rates for the summer, great rates if during the peak season.

The Springhill Suites will be a much larger room than the other two with sitting area and kitchenette. Several fast food outlets on the block, K-Mart across the street with a big section of tourist sundries and wine right inside the door. Further down the plaza (brisk 5 min walk or so) are decent restaurants.

Cambria is just on the other side of I-95 from Springhill, so add 10 min walking time to the above. The Crowne Plaza is an urban hotel next to the airport; a couple bar and grill type restaurants within a few blocks, but no grocery store.

Edited by fishywood

We just stayed at the Cambria two weeks ago. Nice hotel with sitting area with pull out bed. Also a microwave and refrigerator. Only downfall was breakfast was not complimentary but we knew this ahead if time and packed some granola bars. Not far from port or airport. We would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I would go with the Crown Plaza if it is the one on the corner of 84 and Federal Highway.

It is walking distance to great dining, shopping, and bars, a cheap cab ride from the airport and a cheap cab ride to the port.

Plus they have an amazing outdoor pool and deck on the sixth floor. I'm sure the pool is heated and it would be a wonderful place for a pre dinner cocktail!