Tiber River Dinner Cruise

suntan

We are flying into Rome 2 days pre cruise and our research of things to do in Rome found this dinner cruise option. Has anyone done this and if so was it worth the money? Viator quoting $55 and change US for cruise, wine, 4 course meal. Thank you.

For some reason, the Tiber isn't really central to Roman life like the Seine is to Paris. Perhaps it's the high banks that shut it off (to reduce flooding).

The Tiber has some beautiful bridges, but I don't know how much else you'll be able to see of the city from a cruise that rides fairly low.

I'll just say that of the many visits I've made to Rome, I have yet to consider doing this, and I don't generally see it on lists of top highlights. (Though I might consider it on my next trip, especially after seeing the end of the movie "The Great Beauty", in which the camera goes on a similar tour down the Tiber. At sunset, it might be just the thing....)

If you have an interest in doing something like this, I'd probably look for an option that doesn't include dinner. In all likelihood you'd getter a better meal at a neighborhood trattoria.

Edited by cruisemom42

For some reason, the Tiber isn't really central to Roman life like the Seine is to Paris. Perhaps it's the high banks that shut it off (to reduce flooding).

The Tiber has some beautiful bridges, but I don't know how much else you'll be able to see of the city from a cruise that rides fairly low.

I'll just say that of the many visits I've made to Rome, I have yet to consider doing this, and I don't generally see it on lists of top highlights. (Though I might consider it on my next trip, especially after seeing the end of the movie "The Great Beauty", in which the camera goes on a similar tour down the Tiber. At sunset, it might be just the thing....)

If you have an interest in doing something like this, I'd probably look for an option that doesn't include dinner. In all likelihood you'd getter a better meal at a neighborhood trattoria.

Thank you for the info and the link to the YouTube video. Very beautiful however as you say the walls are so high one won't be able to see much. Maybe a miss on our first visit but definitely will be checking out the area/bridges, etc.