Azamara vs Celebrity

Winters Gate

What do you recommend for the various ports.

In Tasmania, the Bolorong Wildlife Park. I thought it was better than the various ones we saw in Australia - which included the Sydney Zoo!

We booked it on-shore at the Visitors/Tourist Bureau.

I would say the Solstice because of the the indoor pool and size on the Tasmanian sea. We had great weather until we hit The south hit some bad weather until the sound and then all cleared. Go to the Waitoma caves to see the glow worms from Auckland we used a tour for us from Milestone tours. In the south we used a tour company in Dunedin Elm wildlife tours it was amazing we did things and saw stuff no one else was able to do. They picked us up at the port and tailored the tour to what we wanted. The port stops were long enough for the area you have to cover.it was my husband and myself and my adult son who was in Med school in Australia.

We did an Australia/NZ cruise on Oceania (same ships as Az) several years ago & our crossing could not have been more pleasant. I can still picture myself on our balcony getting all excited about the albatross....dreamy!

I think you were unlucky in encountering a rogue storm. Not much comfort to you but I don't think it's the normal experience in these waters January & February when most cruises are scheduled.

It's a WONDERFUL cruise & I would encourage anyone to take it & enjoy it as we did!