Where is Splendour in May, 2015

I noticed Splendour does its transatlantic from April 20 to May 4, 2015. It ends up in Barcelona. Then, there are NO sailings listed until May 23, 2015 out of Venice. There is a May 16, 2015 sailing listed, but it shows "NA" for every category (and I doubt that it's sold out). So, there is nothing from May 4 (in Barcelona) until May 23 (in Venice). Shouldn't there be a repositioning cruise from Barcelona to Venice?

The ship has already been through it's refurbishment, so could it be due for dry dock already?

Peter

This is all I found.

Yes it is very possible it is already sold out. I wouldn't be surprised if the 4th is a charter.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

16-May Venice, Italy 4:30 PM

17-May Kotor, Montenegro 2:00 PM 8:00 PM Tendered

18-May Corfu, Greece 9:00 AM 3:00 PM Docked

19-May Piraeus (Athens), Greece 12:00 PM 8:30 PM Docked

20-May Mykonos, Greece 7:00 AM 4:00 PM Tendered

21-May Argostoli, Greece 12:00 PM 7:00 PM Docked

22-May Cruising

23-May Venice, Italy 6:45 AM

*** All itineraries are subject to change without notice. Please confirm your itinerary on the Review page before purchasing your cruise.

Day Port *** Arrive Depart Activity

23-May Venice, Italy 4:30 PM

24-May Dubrovnik, Croatia 11:30 AM 6:30 PM Docked

25-May Cruising

26-May Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey 9:00 AM 7:00 PM Docked

27-May Santorini, Greece 7:00 AM 5:00 PM Tendered

28-May Katakolon, Greece 10:00 AM 5:00 PM Docked

29-May Cruising

30-May Venice, Italy 6:45 AM

*** All itineraries are subject to change without notice. Please confirm your itinerary on the Review page before purchasing your cruise.

Interesting...on Royal's site, it shows "NA" for every category on the 16th.

Peter

Just guessing, but maybe some of the TA's have larger than normal blocks of cabins on that one, being first one of the season:confused:If they do the cabins won't show up on RC inventory.

Good luck, it was quite reasonably priced, even for suites. Just look at a few larger named TA's and you should find quite quickly.

Happy travels:D

They were selling a 12 night sailing that was open for booking between the 20th of February and the 8th of April this year and then they moved it over to N/A.

They did this to me on a sailing before when they decided to re-position a ship.

I was on Liberty out of Barcelona on a 4 night sailing right after her TA and there were many large groups onboard. Maybe they realize they need a short sailing for all these high-paying clients right at that time of year and are re-arranging the itinerary.

They had this cruise open from the 4th to 16th of May 2015 before:

Itinerary: Barcelona, Spain; Provence (Toulon), France; Cannes (Monte Carlo), France; La Spezia (Florence/Pisa), Italy; Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy; Naples (Capri), Italy; Messina (Sicily), Italy; Bayofkotor(Risan),Montenegro; Dubrovnik, Croatia; Split, Croatia; Venice, Italy

• 2 weeks later...
I knew that it was offered at one point...I remember seeing a cruise from Barcelona to Venice departing on May 4....hmmmm.

Peter

May 4th is now available online on RC

16th still showing n/a

Did you manage to find any more out?

We have a booked cruise that has now gone to NA status and getting nervous:(

• 5 months later...

We had booked both B2B on 4th May & 16th.

It was chartered & RCCI didn't bother telling us. They said it was up to my TA, but the TA didn't hear anything of it.

We ended up changing dates & ships & after a bit of back & forth, we got $600 OBC for the stuff up of not telling us. I thought this was very good of them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...