Carnival Liberty or Breeze for 1st time CCL cruiser

airlinerob

Hi,

I've been on Carnival many times and just recently off the Breeze.

Trying to make a decision if I want to take my friends on the Liberty or the Breeze for their first CCL experience.

I've been on both ships and enjoyed them both.

Advantages of Liberty:

- Out of Port Canaveral (quick drive from Orlando)

- Has 2.0 upgrades

- Has Alchemy bar (my friends love martinis before dinner every night)

- Same itinerary as the Breeze

- Slightly cheaper than the Breeze for a regular balcony vs the Cove Balcony on the Breeze (very close in price)

Advantages of Breeze:

- Newest CCL ship

- Has 2.0 upgrades

- Has additional specialty restaurants (Cucina & Bonzai - which we really enjoyed on our last cruise)

- Loved the new decor (not as "flashy")

- Cove Balcony (which I enjoyed on my last cruise)

If all things were absolutely equal, and the Breeze had the Alchemy bar, I'd book the Breeze in a heartbeat - but what has me thinking of doing the Liberty is the Alchemy bar, which I think my friends (who love their martinis) would really enjoy.

I didn't see a nice "martini" type bar on the Breeze when I was on it two weeks ago - I saw the Red Frog Pub, which was always really loud and more of a beer place - I would guess that the best "martini" type bar on the Breeze would be the Lobby Bar or the Ocean Plaza Bar? Was I missing a location??

I'd love your feedback!

Ocean Plaza Bar? !

Ocean Plaza would be most similar to Alchemy. I remember spending time there and had to look it up to find the name.

Between the two I'd choose Breeze; she's our favorite ship in the fleet, but Liberty is our second favorite so.....

We're doing our sixth Liberty Cruise next April and opted for Liberty over Breeze based on Itinerary; Breeze was doing a six day and Liberty is doing an 8 day.

Another vote for the Breeze:D:D:D. Getting on her for the 2nd time in 13 days!!!!

With that being said, we've never been on Liberty, but she gets AWESOME reviews.

We've also never experienced the Alchemy Bar, but we are also not martini drinkers, so it's not a make or break for us.

Either way, you and your friends are going to have an AWESOME time.

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

We sailed Liberty Dec 2013 and Breeze May 2014 and loved both of theses ships.

I think I liked the public spaces on Breeze better but really missed the Alchemy Bar on Liberty.

Liberty had a special type of magic to me for some reason , something about the other passengers put this cruise over the top for me and the crew was great. Breeze was so open and fresh and we did like the Ocean plaza area for Trivia.

Honestly you can't go wrong with either ....pitch it to your friends and see what they think.

Let us know what you decide

I haven't been on the Liberty but Breeze was our last cruise. While she's a beautiful ship I just found her too big and too many people. We did cruise her on Christmas so it was full to the brim. But the lines and crowds on sea days really took some shine off of it for me. Our favorite ship is the Victory and I think Liberty is a sister. Love the size. Never a line. Always found some chairs to hang out at and it seemed much easier to become familiar with the crew. On the Victory by day two we've got people calling our names and know our son. On the breeze that never happened.