Royal Princess Marina and Lido 1,2,3,4

Maddies Mom 46

I am searching for someone who has sailed on the Royal Princess in Marina or Lido cabins 1,2,3 or 4 directly at the front of the ship. Can the balconies be used when under sail? I have heard conflicting opinions but they are always from someone who has "heard from a friend" We are going on a transatlantic and would hate to be barred from our balcony while sailing. If you have actually sailed in one of those cabins, please reply.:confused:

Hi Maddies Mom, I have corresponded last month directly with SteveInca, as I am booked in the same cabin as Steve, M108, here is a portion of our conversation;

Hi Paul,

Definitely would book the corner/forward facing cabins because they do have some protection winds on side balcony.

The steward never locked the balcony off and not sure if there was a way for him to lock it.

We loved the configuration of M108 with truly separate living room, bedroom and hallway. We truly enjoyed being able to sit in bed and watch the ocean/sky out in front of us. Also waking up opening the curtains and the beautiful port vistas the morning of port days"

Know you wanted a direct answer, but was waiting from your earlier post to see if anyone else answered.

I am not worried.:)

I am searching for someone who has sailed on the Royal Princess in Marina or Lido cabins 1' date='2,3 or 4 directly at the front of the ship. Can the balconies be used when under sail? I have heard conflicting opinions but they are always from someone who has "heard from a friend" We are going on a transatlantic and would hate to be barred from our balcony while sailing. If you have actually sailed in one of those cabins, please reply.:confused:[/quote']

The only one I've found so far is this post by Oxo in this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40729667&highlight=m103#post40729667

It's for cabin M103, which is of interest to me because we'll be in that cabin but on the Regal Princess in Oct.

Edited by Jojiboy

Thank you much, Jojiboy, that's exactly what I wanted to know. I already knew about those corner cabins. We had a chance to tour one of those in April, but no one ever seemed to know about 1,2,3or 4. I'd love to hear from anyone else who has been in one of those cabins.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I stayed in L108 for almost a month. Loved the configuration of the room. Could go out on the balcony at any time. However, sometimes it was much too windy to even open the balcony door. A little heads up though. When the ship is really moving and the wind is intense, there was an incredible vibration that shook the bed, etc. Also, a deafening drone when the wind was intense. On a couple of occasions, I couldn't get to sleep or was woken up. A call to passenger services (who then contacted the bridge) was all it took for them to "tweak" the ship's direction and the drone/vibration went away. Still a great cabin!

I am searching for someone who has sailed on the Royal Princess in Marina or Lido cabins 1' date='2,3 or 4 directly at the front of the ship. Can the balconies be used when under sail? I have heard conflicting opinions but they are always from someone who has "heard from a friend" We are going on a transatlantic and would hate to be barred from our balcony while sailing. If you have actually sailed in one of those cabins, please reply.:confused:[/quote']

We sailed in L104 and the balcony was never locked by Princess.The only difference is that the balcony light is disabled and you are asked to keep the drapes closed at night when a light is on in the cabin.We have the same cabin booked for 2 more cruises.

Thank you Johnmik1. I think I'm going to take my chances. I've sailed in the aft cabins facing out the back of the ship and loved those. I think I'll take a chance being in the very front.

• 5 weeks later...
We sailed in L104 and the balcony was never locked by Princess.The only difference is that the balcony light is disabled and you are asked to keep the drapes closed at night when a light is on in the cabin.We have the same cabin booked for 2 more cruises.

Finally, a Princess sale that worked for us!! :D We just rebooked our 20 caribbean cruise on the Royal in March. We went from M118 BZ to L104 DZ. So excited to have this cabin.

One of the reasons we enjoy HAL is the Crow's Nest at the front of the ship. Now we will have our own little nest on the Royal Princess.

Thanks so much for your input.

Cheers, Denise

Finally, a Princess sale that worked for us!! :D We just rebooked our 20 caribbean cruise on the Royal in March. We went from M118 BZ to L104 DZ. So excited to have this cabin.

One of the reasons we enjoy HAL is the Crow's Nest at the front of the ship. Now we will have our own little nest on the Royal Princess.

Cheers, Denise

You will have great views. It can get windy and sometimes the wind produces a droning noise/vibration up there (I've stayed in L108) but, still, it's a great location! Enjoy!

You will have great views. It can get windy and sometimes the wind produces a droning noise/vibration up there (I've stayed in L108) but, still, it's a great location! Enjoy!

Thanks for the info. I have been reading everything I can find about the forward facing balconies. I'll bring ear plugs!!

As a photographer I couldn't be happier about the new cabin location. :D

Cheers, Denise

So glad to see some more info about the front facing balconies. We have booked M107 for a TA in April. Does anyone know if the small couch is a pull out couch?

The info on Princess.com states the small couch has a pull out bed.

Cheers, Denise

The info on Princess.com states the small couch has a pull out bed.

Cheers, Denise

Thanks. The only reason I asked is that when I searched, past cruisers indicated there was a cot that would be brought and then kept for storage next to the couch. This cabin has a different configuration than other mini suites. I usually rely on CC but, nfottunately, Princess often gives conflicting information. One cruiser was told the room would not accomodate 3 people even though there is a triangle designating up to 3 people.

Edited by candide333

Hmmmmm, The website states sofa bed for both the deluxe balcony and mini suite. Although, I guess I would rely more on passengers who have cruised in that cabin.

Cheers, Denise

Edited by dchip

Hmmmmm, The website states sofa bed for both the deluxe balcony and mini suite. Although, I guess I would rely more on passengers who have cruised in that cabin.

Cheers, Denise

Lido 1,2,3 and 4 are premium mini suites and standard configuration, whereas 7 and 8 are L shaped. Maybe that is the reason for the confusion. Maybe someone onboard will report. Thanks for info.

Lido 101, 102, 103, and 104 are deluxe balcony obstructed. Lido 105, 106 are premium mini suites. 107 and 108 are the L shaped mini suites. I had been asking about those first 4.

Lido 101' date=' 102, 103, and 104 are deluxe balcony obstructed. Lido 105, 106 are premium mini suites. 107 and 108 are the L shaped mini suites. I had been asking about those first 4.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App[/quote']

Hopefully this posting will help.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1977490

So glad to see some more info about the front facing balconies. We have booked M107 for a TA in April. Does anyone know if the small couch is a pull out couch?

Unfortunately, these corner mini-suites do NOT have a third bed (the small loveseat does NOT turn into a bed). I stayed in L108 for one month and cant testify to this. They may be able to give you a small rollaway bed but these cabins now will only book for two people - not three. I recall reading some parties of three were "involuntarily" upgraded to a mini-suite that accommodate three people.

The "normal" forward mini-suites CAN accommodate three people as the coach becomes a twin bed.

Edited by CI66774

Unfortunately, these corner mini-suites do NOT have a third bed (the small loveseat does NOT turn into a bed). I stayed in L108 for one month and cant testify to this. They may be able to give you a small rollaway bed but these cabins now will only book for two people - not three. I recall reading some parties of three were "involuntarily" upgraded to a mini-suite that accommodate three people.

The "normal" forward mini-suites CAN accommodate three people as the coach becomes a twin bed.

Thank you so much for answering my question..I knew that someone who stayed in one of these corner cabins would know best. There are only two of us, so we will be fine.

Edited by candide333

Thank you so much for answering my question..I knew that someone who stayed in one of these corner cabins would know best. There are only two of us, so we will be fine.

It's an amazingly great cabin for two. Spacious and very quiet - unless you hit high winds. I've never quite heard/felt such a drone/vibration in my life but this was only when the ship was cruising at high speed (at night) and it was very windy. Ear plugs, etc. won't help but if it bothers you (it did me a couple nights), call down to pax services and advise them to contact the bridge and have them adjust the heading (or whatever they do). Once they do that, the drone/vibration goes away. Enjoy!

Cheers, Denise

Hi, Is M118 a good cabin, do you have any picture? Does it have obstruction other than the non-glass balcony rail?

Hi Dchip, Is M118 on Royal Princess a good cabin, do you have any picture, please? Does it have any more obstruction other than the non-glass balcony rail?

I haven't been in M118 but there was a review for M122 or M123 and there is NOT a steel balcony. I think the only obstruction may be looking forward. The bridge may block some of your view.

We have booked 3 cabins on this ship for next March. LOL. First, we booked E110 to have a bigger balcony. Because it is a deluxe balcony is was pricey. When M118 became available we switched to that cabin. It was significantly less expensive. It also got me much closer to the Retreat pool and there was a glass railing.

Then a couple of weeks ago, we moved to L104. I had been looking at this cabin for quite a while. It is forward, has a steel railing but we love being able to have our own "observation deck". With the sale, we ended up paying less than M118.

Have fun choosing!!

Cheers, Denise.

Thank you Johnmik1. I think I'm going to take my chances. I've sailed in the aft cabins facing out the back of the ship and loved those. I think I'll take a chance being in the very front.

Totally different back to front, back is much better and quieter.