Captains party?

The Captain's party drinks are not free. I think, but I might be wrong, that there is $1 off or something like that. Perhaps the person is referring to the Welcome Back party. That one is before dinner and drinks are free, but not everyone is invited.

I've always paid for my drinks on Captains/Formal/Elegant night. Maybe they are referring to the Captains reception (meet and greet, and get a possible picture with the Captain) where they use to give out free drinks or champagne (or am I referring to Royal Caribbean). Since I do late seating, and only do one formal night per cruise, I haven't been to the Captains reception in a few years, so I'm not sure if they still do it not, but they use to. The past guest party they have free drinks and appetizers, but its limited to Gold status or higher VIFP cruisers.

Edited by sjcruiser

The Fun Farewell party has replaced the Captain's Celebration by serving complimentary alcoholic beverages. The drinks were then discounted at the Captain's Celebration by $1. During mid 2012 when Carnival had begun implementing cost cutting measures, the Fun Farewell party had been eliminated due to "lack of participation."

Edited by Disconnections

I think they did away with the free drinks on formal night/Captain's Party at some point between 2006 and 2010. I know they had it on my first cruise, but the theater was full of people seeking free drinks so it wasn't easy to get one to begin with.

I think they did away with the free drinks on formal night/Captain's Party at some point between 2006 and 2010. I know they had it on my first cruise, but the theater was full of people seeking free drinks so it wasn't easy to get one to begin with.

It was either 2009 or 2010 I believe. On our Valor cruise they did have a Captain's party. I am sure of it because it was DH's first cruise. Shortly after that they got rid of it, if I recall.

In April 2009, we had the Captain's Cocktail Party with free drinks, 1 hour before dinner. By November 2009, the party & the free drinks were gone. There was 1 or 2 of the smaller ships that continued the cocktail party for a little while, but probably not anymore. Whoever said that the drinks were free must have last cruised before Nov 2009 or was on one of those ships that continued it for awhile longer.

The reception deal or whatever it's called now consists of officers scattered throughout the promenade deck. You can meet them & take pictures, and drinks are $1 off. I skip most of them.

In April 2009, we had the Captain's Cocktail Party with free drinks, 1 hour before dinner. By November 2009, the party & the free drinks were gone. There was 1 or 2 of the smaller ships that continued the cocktail party for a little while, but probably not anymore. Whoever said that the drinks were free must have last cruised before Nov 2009 or was on one of those ships that continued it for awhile longer.

The reception deal or whatever it's called now consists of officers scattered throughout the promenade deck. You can meet them & take pictures, and drinks are $1 off. I skip most of them.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Hey, does your nickname have anything to do with K2 Kanakuk Kamp in MO?

Thanks!

Fist-pumping gleeful rum runner!!!

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Hey, does your nickname have anything to do with K2 Kanakuk Kamp in MO?

Thanks!

Fist-pumping gleeful rum runner!!!

No, I haven't heard of that camp. I use K2 in reference to the 2nd tallest mountain in the world, named "K2", in Pakistan, near the border with China. It's the most dangerous mountain in the world, and is the most revered mountain among hikers & climbers. Even though Everest is higher (by about 800 feet), K2 is far more difficult and more deadly. It's the setting for many movies, perhaps most notably Vertical Limit. My avatar pic is indeed K2.

Edited by k2excursion

The Fun Farewell party has replaced the Captain's Celebration by serving complimentary alcoholic beverages. The drinks were then discounted at the Captain's Celebration by $1. During mid 2012 when Carnival had begun implementing cost cutting measures, the Fun Farewell party had been eliminated due to "lack of participation."

The free Farewell party is gone now too, you must not have been on Carnival for a couple years.

The free Farewell party is gone now too, you must not have been on Carnival for a couple years.

As you can see from my post, I stated it has been eliminated in mid 2012, due to cost cutting measures. Eliminated is typically another word for "removed."

Edited by Disconnections