Holiday Inn Express air/seaport?

Golfgrl1911

If you're referring to the one on NE 17th, I've stayed there. It's newer and very nice and clean. Rooms are certainly more than adequate. The staff was accommodating and helpful. It included a continental type breakfast buffet with more than ample choices and also free internet services. For a budget type hotel, it was much better than other similasr priced places IMO. It also included free airport and pier shuttle. Confirm, This may have changed since so many hotels are doing away with that service.

Go for the "Convention center" location on SE 17th Street... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

The one on State Road 84 (SR-84) is not in a safe neighborhood. The one on SE 17th Street is in a very safe area, much closer to the airport, and just outside the entrance to Port Everglades with many many shops and restaurants within safe, easy walking distance.

I have to give HIXpress credit for investing in this neighborhood (SR84). The hotel is brand new. Perhaps others will follow and eventually the area will be gentrified into a haven for decent mid-priced hotel brands. For now though, stick with the 17th Street hotels that cater to the cruisers;)

Thanks guys for the input....I am referring to the one on S.R. 84 however.....Wanted access to a pool plus shuttle pick-up from airport and delivery to the port next day for the cruise.....Which are the main reasons for choosing this property. Plus the newness of it as well. The 17th st. property has no pool.

Thanks guys for the input....I am referring to the one on S.R. 84 however.....Wanted access to a pool plus shuttle pick-up from airport and delivery to the port next day for the cruise.....Which are the main reasons for choosing this property. Plus the newness of it as well. The 17th st. property has no pool.

Give us your opinion of the hotel and the area when you return. ;)

Hi, We stayed at the Holiday Inn on S.R 84 pre-cruise in March and thought it was fine. The shuttle picked us up at the airport even though our plane was late and it was after Midnight. After eating breakfast (free) we walked about two blocks down the street and crossed at the light (very important, because it is a busy street) and went to the Winn Dixie, in a strip mall across the street. We purchased coke, water, etc. They also sold beer and wine.

The shuttle took us and four other couples to the port for our Sun Princess cruise. I would stay there again.

The hotel is new, but the State Road 84 area is not a nice neighborhood, and not the safest area to walk around in. There are other areas, such as SE 17th Street, that are closer to the airport and port, as well as much safer and have much newer nicer stores, and many more restaurants, as well as access to the Water Taxi.

Archived