Solo experience on the Getaway

WorldsMine

Hello, everyone!

I am thinking of booking a cruise on the Getaway and most of the reviews I have read are from people who did not go alone.

I wanted to hear the experiences (positive and negative) from solo travelers, especially in regards to the Solo Cabin experience. Thanks!

I just came home from being on the Getaway for the second time. This time I had a Studio cabin. This was my 20th cruise with Norwegian all of them as a solo passenger. I did not think that I would like the Studios but I did. They have a lot of storage for such a small space. The only negative I found were the way the closets were built. I am only 5' 1'' and had trouble reaching to hang up my clothes. My room steward was absolutely fabulous. There is a Lounge Space which I did not used other than to catch a sports score on the TV screen. I had a get time on this cruise which had a total of over 6000 souls on board including the staff. A cruise experience is what each person makes of it. Enjoy The Getaway, she has great staff. I would love to go back again for a third cruise.

Thanks for the response. Was the solo experience active. Meaning did you interact with other solos, were there activities, etc?

I just came home from being on the Getaway for the second time. This time I had a Studio cabin. This was my 20th cruise with Norwegian all of them as a solo passenger. I did not think that I would like the Studios but I did. They have a lot of storage for such a small space. The only negative I found were the way the closets were built. I am only 5' 1'' and had trouble reaching to hang up my clothes. My room steward was absolutely fabulous. There is a Lounge Space which I did not used other than to catch a sports score on the TV screen. I had a get time on this cruise which had a total of over 6000 souls on board including the staff. A cruise experience is what each person makes of it. Enjoy The Getaway, she has great staff. I would love to go back again for a third cruise.

HI all!

I was on the Getaway May 10 in a studio cabin & really loved the ship & the experience. I had also cruised 3 times solo on Epic & did other solo cruises on non NCL ships.

I had certain things I wanted to do in the week so did not do much with the group. Be sure to go to the lounge the 1st night to meet others, a lot of those people met every night with Jesy a lovely CD staff member & did things together. I met some nice people in the lounge when I went down to grab a specialty coffee or cookies. I had lunch & supper with a couple of the ladies. Are you on the roll call for your sailing, that's a good way to meet others too?

There's a tour of the ship the 1st day which is a good way to get a feel for the ship. Zesty Zac did ours & he was a hoot! You must watch Dancing with the NCL Stars when it takes place, so funny!!

Here's the link to my review:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=256810

Hope you book & enjoy the Getaway as much as I did.

~ Jo ~:)

The solo experience on Breakaway/Getaway is fantastic (and I'm sure same can be said of the Epic). There is a gathering every night in the private solo studio lounge (which is open for all solo guest during the one hour gathering) with host who helps break the ice and organizes group activities.

Edited by kylenyc