Fridge or mini bar on Amsterdam

ccmg

We will be cruising on the Amsterdam for the first time in less than 2 weeks. Some one just informed me that ocean view cabins do not have a fridge/mini bar? I don't know how I missed this. Every other cruise on HAL we have had one. I guess I just assumed they all did. Shame on me. We need to cool medications.

sailing

On the R and S class ships of HAL -- only the balcony and verandah cabins have a mini refrigerator (really a cooler).

You can call Ship Services at 1-800-541-1576 to rent one for your cabin -- $2 a day.

It will be placed either on top of the desk or in the area under desk where the chair is.

Thanks for the phone number. All taken care of. We've always had cabins with a balcony in the past on our HAL cruises. This will be our 3rd trip to Alaska. On our last trip there we hardly used it so decided to try something different.

Realize that it will plug into the only electric outlet... so I have used a triple tap (1 outlet makes into 3 outlets) or you can request a power strip from the room steward or the front desk.

Putting it under the desk worked best for us.

Upon arrival we didn't get the frig for all afternoon, even after I told the room stewards that we had ordered it and they said they'd take care of it. Hours later we found out that we needed to go to the front desk and sign some paper about it accepting the charges before it could be delivered to us. We had special foods for highly allergic grand daughter and I was not happy that the foods sat around all day, so jump on it early and often! m--

HAL has always warned us that even though we requested a fridge for medication storage that they DO NOT guarantee that the temp will be accurate. To be safest, we always keep the meds stored in the medical center who will gladly do this for no charge. They monitor the temps of their refrigerators and freezer on a daily basis. We have not had an issue with their hours as they open at 8 am, close for an hour at lunch and then are open until 6 pm (it is a bit different on ports days). We once had an early tour and the nurse opened up at 7:30 so I could get my meds. - all we had to do was ask.