NCL Jade Inside tips

josephml1

looking forward to cruising on the Jade next Oct.. and loved ready all the tips.. can someone tell me if we can take Wine on the ship .or which part of ship has better balconys:rolleyes:

Yes you can take wine onboard. You pay $15 per 750ml bottle corkage. No limit to the number of bottles.

I am a long time NCL cruiser. First time on Jade TA. Are my eyes deceiving me??? Are those old style TV's in the Mini Suites? Looks like a time warp. Does anyone know if they have been changed, am I looking at old photos?

Really disappointing to see that.

I am a long time NCL cruiser. First time on Jade TA. Are my eyes deceiving me??? Are those old style TV's in the Mini Suites? Looks like a time warp. Does anyone know if they have been changed, am I looking at old photos?

Really disappointing to see that.

For some reason the updating process of cabin TVs seemed to take ages on Jade, but I'd assume that it is complete now. They were still doing the upgrades in some cabin categories last summer but at least our mini-suites had flatscreens this May.

We were on the Jade in late June 2014 and enjoyed the Chef's Table. I really liked Chef Rodney's personality and appreciated his description of how each of the 9 courses was prepared and should be experienced. I enjoyed some of the best things I've ever eaten. The event was held in a private section of Le Bistro and the $99 pp cover included 4 paired wines and an after dinner liqueur.

We haven't usually dined much at the specialty restaurants before but we'll look for Chef's Table opportunities again on future cruises including on the Jade.

Edited by run2sea

• 2 weeks later...
Question about the chefs table. Can you book ahead, or do you have to wait until you are on the ship?

Only onboard. On our cruise in May it was sold out already during embarkation day afternoon so go to restaurant reservations desk (left end of Guest Services desk) right after you get onboard, then you can continue towards aft through the photo gallery and go to aft MDR to have relaxed lunch. (They will probably go from table to table to sell Chef's Table reservations and UDP etc there too - better to be safe than sorry though.)

Only onboard. On our cruise in May it was sold out already during embarkation day afternoon so go to restaurant reservations desk (left end of Guest Services desk) right after you get onboard, then you can continue towards aft through the photo gallery and go to aft MDR to have relaxed lunch. (They will probably go from table to table to sell Chef's Table reservations and UDP etc there too - better to be safe than sorry though.)

Thanks!! I will be sure to put it at the top of my to do list, once on board!

LeBistro is my favorite specialty restaurant. I suggest making your reservations early. We tried to make reservations on Thursday for that night it Friday and it was fully booked. We dined at Cagney's instead. It was a great meal, but I prefer LeBistro. We dined at Moderno and had great service. I guess it depends on your server. We love the Great Outdoors for breakfast and afternoon snacks. The piano player was wonderful. It was his last cruise with NCL. A. J. Clarke. We went to Bar City every night to see him and never went to a show.