Port Canaveral Disney World Express

I know you LOVE Disney... but I would encourage you to forgo Disney on this trip and instead visit the Kennedy Space Center. If you have never been to Kennedy this could be an exciting and fun trip for you and your family. This is a really great place to visit. You can spend the whole day. And one really exciting thing you can do is have lunch with an Astronaut. We were lucky enough to have lunch with John Glenn on our tour years ago. I know it isn't Disney... but the Kennedy Center is a fantastic trip. Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a great visit at Port Canaveral!

I know you LOVE Disney... but I would encourage you to forgo Disney on this trip and instead visit the Kennedy Space Center. If you have never been to Kennedy this could be an exciting and fun trip for you and your family. This is a really great place to visit. You can spend the whole day. And one really exciting thing you can do is have lunch with an Astronaut. We were lucky enough to have lunch with John Glenn on our tour years ago. I know it isn't Disney... but the Kennedy Center is a fantastic trip. Whatever you do, I hope you have a wonderful cruise and a great visit at Port Canaveral!

Thanks for the advise and we'll wishes we have looked into the space center. Hard sell for a 13 year old daughter

I don't think I would be happy with only a few hours in a park, especially during peak season. The likelihood that you will be able to perfectly stack your FastPass reservations is not high, and with the unpredictability of the actual time you will arrive in port and get to the park would make me nervous. If you are dead set on getting to a park, spend the money on one of Universal's express pass because you will get a lot more done in the few hours (I am definitely a Disney cheerleader through and through, but I couldn't do it for that amount of money to get only 3 rides accomplished). Just my opinion though.

I don't think I would be happy with only a few hours in a park, especially during peak season. The likelihood that you will be able to perfectly stack your FastPass reservations is not high, and with the unpredictability of the actual time you will arrive in port and get to the park would make me nervous. If you are dead set on getting to a park, spend the money on one of Universal's express pass because you will get a lot more done in the few hours (I am definitely a Disney cheerleader through and through, but I couldn't do it for that amount of money to get only 3 rides accomplished). Just my opinion though.

I understand the thinking here and agree when you put it in terms of spending $500.00 to go on 3 rides, it sounds dumb and outrageous. But as a Disney fan and father, it really is more then 3 rides. Its a day being in that world, a day of making memories, a day to look into your kids eyes and seeing and feeling how they see that world. It puts me a great place that has made many great memories and allows me a chance to add to those wonderful memories. I know it sounds stupid, but its way more then 3 rides. Thanks

You will likely get on only three of the most popular rides due to time constraints and lines. But, there are lots of rides that are not crowded and you can just walk in and enjoy. We would get too wore out just walking around all day. It is too hot for that. So, we took the popular rides we could get and then grabbed other rides/attractions as we passed by and saw small/no lines. And then there is always grabbing a seat by a busy area and just do some people watching while resting or taking a few laps on the train ride around the park. :D

When you get right down to it, 6-7 hours in the park during August makes for a full day. Good chance that you will be taking a bit of a nap on the bus back to the ship....

I I agree that we will be able to do more then 3 rides. Especially some of the less popular ones, which some of them are some of our favorites. The crowd calendar at touring plans lists the crowd at a level 5, which isn't to bad so there will be plenty of other rides to be able to go on. We will probably just not be able to get double fast pass for any of the headlines. Thinking the only ride that we will want to go on that we will miss out on is Peter pan

It has been many years since I took my daughter and we found out how to use the SOLO riders line. Most of the rides had them, basically the same as for disabled. You agree to go solo. Most rides hold strange numbers of passengers, say 4. Another party has only 3. You take the 4th seat and sit next to a stranger! Saved us gobs of time. Daughter was only about ten, but if I went first, the rides ends in the same place and I would just meet her.

Anyone know if they still do this? Great time saver!!!!

There are no single rider lines at Magic Kingdom.

The only single rider lines at WDW are Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios, and Test Track at Epcot.

And to the OP, you will not be able to get a lunch FP for BOG. Those are only for selected guests staying onsite, through a dedicated website separate from the regular FP+. I personally still think it's worth waiting in line for BOG lunch, such a great escape from the heat and very good food.

I take groups to WDW at least 5-6 times per year, and I'm not tired of it yet!

Edited by subtchr

The only single rider lines at WDW are Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster at Hollywood Studios, and Test Track at Epcot.

And to the OP, you will not be able to get a lunch FP for BOG. Those are only for selected guests staying onsite, through a dedicated website separate from the regular FP+. I personally still think it's worth waiting in line for BOG lunch, such a great escape from the heat and very good food.

I didn't think there were any single rider lines at MK but I hedged a bit :D

Agree I don't think there are any single rider lines either in magic kingdom. Good tip though for those visiting 9th parks who are short on time.

You are also correct on the BOG lunch ressie lunch. I am however hoping to take advantage of an old loop hole that seems to be still working for me since our last trip. (fingers crossed) If not I agree, it is worth a wait in line for.

Just remember also when you get to Magic Kingdom.

First if you park you must get to ticket and transportation center.

If by bus, you will be droped off and walk to this area.

You will need to catch the Monorail, or the ferry to get over.

This takes at minimum a 30-45 min process.

(more loss of ride time),

Then thru the security area.

Then thru the ticket entrance.

Now thru the entrance shop area.

Take into account all the lines for rides.

The first ride you could do would be the train.

Everything else is back in the park.

Would I do it.

No.

We do Magic Kingdom when we stay at the Grand Floridian as a land vacation, when they provide extra park magic hours and let us in that park an hour early..........yea there are a lot of guest then, but we have walked off Space Mountain and rode again within 10 min. on these days.

From a cruise ship............I would be frustrated.

Then having the travel time back to port.

I like the idea of a water park

Blizzard Beach!!!!

Sea Ya

Lol like the comments, thinking here, I would feel I lived a good life if I get to the point that I find disney boring.

We are in the same boat as the other poster. For years we had annual passes and went a few times a month. Now I have a friend that works there to get us in for free. But having been so much it is not as exciting as it once was and now we usually only go for special events or when a new attraction opens up. I prefer a more relaxing vacation which disney definitely is not. And we never go during the summer. We pretty much won't go from may till about September. It's just too hot and miserable and the crowds make it not very fun. During the summer ride times can easy be 2 hours even for the not as popular rides.

I personally wouldn't go if I were you. Since you have been before and will have limited time, with the current cost of tickets at $100 per person, it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Flashback for you. I have tickets from when we went in 2000. Prices was $34 per person.

We are in the same boat as the other poster. For years we had annual passes and went a few times a month. Now I have a friend that works there to get us in for free. But having been so much it is not as exciting as it once was and now we usually only go for special events or when a new attraction opens up. I prefer a more relaxing vacation which disney definitely is not. And we never go during the summer. We pretty much won't go from may till about September. It's just too hot and miserable and the crowds make it not very fun. During the summer ride times can easy be 2 hours even for the not as popular rides.

I personally wouldn't go if I were you. Since you have been before and will have limited time, with the current cost of tickets at $100 per person, it wouldn't be worth it for me.

Flashback for you. I have tickets from when we went in 2000. Prices was $34 per person.

Thanks for the info...amazing how much ticket prices have gone up over the years.

Another quick questions, does the bus just make one return trip or does it go back ever hour or so? (Can you head back to ship earlier if you wanted?)

Hi Mouse, as you know we have had the same dilemma. I have called Crown and Anchor Excursion desk and have asked this very question. The best answer I have gotten is that the bus gives you a time to meet up. Haven't gotten a satisfying answer from them yet. They seem to guess. I wish I knew the answer to this also.

I am assuming that depending on the amount of people signed up to take the bus will determine how many busses they use. Also, it is my understanding there is only one pick up time. What time they pick you up is a good question. The Excursion desk just backed out the 9:30 departure time, minus travel time of an hour plus or minus they quessed that it would leave the park at about 8. Do I believe that? Even they (the Excursion desk) didn't seem sure.

Hi Mouse, as you know we have had the same dilemma. I have called Crown and Anchor Excursion desk and have asked this very question. The best answer I have gotten is that the bus gives you a time to meet up. Haven't gotten a satisfying answer from them yet. They seem to guess. I wish I knew the answer to this also.

I am assuming that depending on the amount of people signed up to take the bus will determine how many busses they use. Also, it is my understanding there is only one pick up time. What time they pick you up is a good question. The Excursion desk just backed out the 9:30 departure time, minus travel time of an hour plus or minus they quessed that it would leave the park at about 8. Do I believe that? Even they (the Excursion desk) didn't seem sure.

Thanks for the info and heads up.

For the money I would be spending for the day there, I am sure we will be on the last bus leaving. But I wasn't sure if they did multiple buses that left eariler. The good news is that it sounds like there is some good interest in the bus, so hopefully there will be enough people signed up to make it happen and not get cancelled.

Thanks for the info and heads up.

For the money I would be spending for the day there, I am sure we will be on the last bus leaving. But I wasn't sure if they did multiple buses that left eariler. The good news is that it sounds like there is some good interest in the bus, so hopefully there will be enough people signed up to make it happen and not get cancelled.

This is very frustrating because it is one question that I can't seem to get the answer to. :confused:. We definately will be going, we have a lunch date with the Princesses. Hoping my DS proves to be a Prince Charming LOL only kidding.

That is the goal!!! This being our first time cruising I really want that relaxing of the mind part.

Have a wonderful, relaxing first cruise. I'm sure you will enjoy your day with the mouse; when you're familiar with the parks as you clearly are, you'll be able to plan your day efficiently to enjoy New and old favorites.

Bog is amazing lunch... what loophole do you know about for ressies?? My dd and I waited on line, but it moved fast and was well worth it. (Not on a cruise port stop but a land trip. We were part of the foursome with Merion mom in March on the explorer that went to universal by car, to see her son perform in the parade. A great day! Mm and I did universal only, but dd and her bf did both parks and enjoyed a lot of rides. It was March, though, not August. Is your port day a weekday or a weekend day? That makes a big difference too, of course.)

In any event, I hope you and your family have a wonderful first cruise:D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Have a wonderful, relaxing first cruise. I'm sure you will enjoy your day with the mouse; when you're familiar with the parks as you clearly are, you'll be able to plan your day efficiently to enjoy New and old favorites.

Bog is amazing lunch... what loophole do you know about for ressies?? My dd and I waited on line, but it moved fast and was well worth it. (Not on a cruise port stop but a land trip. We were part of the foursome with Merion mom in March on the explorer that went to universal by car, to see her son perform in the parade. A great day! Mm and I did universal only, but dd and her bf did both parks and enjoyed a lot of rides. It was March, though, not August. Is your port day a weekday or a weekend day? That makes a big difference too, of course.)

In any event, I hope you and your family have a wonderful first cruise:D

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Forums mobile app

Thanks for all the wonderful well wishes. It's funny how things change, how life changes. A few years ago I never gave cruising a second thought. Now I am counting the days , hours, minutes until I will be aboard the ship. Really going to try sit back and relax a little. It is a goal of mine.

Ps the BOG loophole has to do with an old ressie that seems to still be letting me book thru it. Shhh, don't tell