Azamara airport transfers when booking own flights

tigernut

I am sure sure this topic has been raised before, but I have searched the site without finding a suitable answer.

On my last cruise on board Quest, I booked the next cruise for 1 November 2014. No flights were available at the time, so I went ahead and booked my own. Heathrow to Istanbul and Athens to Heathrow.

The Azamara website states that transfers can be arranged with them by speaking to Reservations and giving your flight numbers. It looks simple.

My big mistake was contacting Guatemala, who, I am sad to say, were no help. I was told, yes, it is possible to book transfers, but the guy I spoke to was not able to book them, or even give me a contact telephone number, or email address. After a lengthy phone call I admitted defeat.

Has anyone on the forum sucessfully booked Azamara transfers just recently? Could you please pass on your tips to enable me to book without further hassle. A telephone number or email address would be most helpful. Many thanks.

I cannot answer your specific query but the UK Managing Director has advised guests that they can email him for assistance when Guatamala has been unable to help.

His email address is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com.

Other CC posters have reported that they had been assisted quickly by Mr Twynam and his team.

Hope this helps

I cannot answer your specific query but the UK Managing Director has advised guests that they can email him for assistance when Guatamala has been unable to help.

His email address is rtwynam@azamaraclubcruises.com.

Other CC posters have reported that they had been assisted quickly by Mr Twynam and his team.

Hope this helps

Hi Spursgirl, I did see the email address on another thread, but I wasn't sure if it was appropriate to contact Mr Twynam and his team. I'll certainly give it a try.

Thanks for your help.

if arriivng to the ship i am always in a hotel the night before and taxi over..

if leavign the ship about 3 to 5 nights in-depending on lenght of cruise- there is a form in your cabin that asks several questions including do you have a transfer or do you want to buy one. if quotes the price on the form..

in Venice i used it and will in Southampton due to ride to airport.

so i would not worry about not having a transfer now for the return flight.

if arriivng to the ship i am always in a hotel the night before and taxi over..

if leavign the ship about 3 to 5 nights in-depending on lenght of cruise- there is a form in your cabin that asks several questions including do you have a transfer or do you want to buy one. if quotes the price on the form..

in Venice i used it and will in Southampton due to ride to airport.

so i would not worry about not having a transfer now for the return flight.

Hi Robin,

On all the previous Azamara cruises I have taken, a hotel, flights and transfers were included in the cost. This is the first time I have organised my own flights and I will travel straight from the airport to the ship.

I can of course, take a taxi in Istanbul, but a friend travelling alone in Turkey, had a very unpleasant experience and this has made me wary.

I am aware there may be the possibility of purchasing a return transfer while on board. On my last cruise on Quest, the only transfer option available for independent passengers was a tour, plus airport drop, for those with flights after 16.30.

I am exploring all options, but I would prefer to have pre-booked Azamara transfers.

Many thanks for your comments.

Hi Robin,

On all the previous Azamara cruises I have taken, a hotel, flights and transfers were included in the cost. This is the first time I have organised my own flights and I will travel straight from the airport to the ship.

I can of course, take a taxi in Istanbul, but a friend travelling alone in Turkey, had a very unpleasant experience and this has made me wary.

due to the fact that many of my friends have had flight delays for more than 12 hours i always fly in a day or two earlier. I am sorry for your friend but would be worried about you missing the ship./COLOR]

I am aware there may be the possibility of purchasing a return transfer while on board. On my last cruise on Quest, the only transfer option available for independent passengers was a tour, plus airport drop, for those with flights after 16.30.

now that is really interesting as every cruise i have been on has a transfer without a tour if flying after 12 or 1 pm.. can not remember.

I am exploring all options, but I would prefer to have pre-booked Azamara transfers.

Many thanks for your comments.

i can understand your concern and i am concern about and others who fly to europe or from the Uk at the last minute. anything can go wrong wih flights. hope you figure it out soon.

Yes, drop Mr. Twynam a line. You'll hear back from him or someone from his team. [/quote

Thank you Bonnie for suggesting I email Mr Twynam. I had a very prompt response from him, advising a member of his team would be in touch.

I am pleased to confirm that I had a call today and the transfers have now been booked.

I am grateful for your assistance and the friendly and efficient help I received from Liz of the RCCL team in Weybridge, UK.

Yes, drop Mr. Twynam a line. You'll hear back from him or someone from his team. [/quote

Thank you Bonnie for suggesting I email Mr Twynam. I had a very prompt response from him, advising a member of his team would be in touch.

I am pleased to confirm that I had a call today and the transfers have now been booked.

I am grateful for your assistance and the friendly and efficient help I received from Liz of the RCCL team in Weybridge, UK.

I'm glad it all worked out :)

Bonnie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm glad it all worked out :)

Bonnie

AZA Journey Stokholm LV 7/10 have 21 CCers registered. AZA isn't giving us the M & M! Can you believe that? Can you put in a "nudge?"

Thanks,

Maven

AZA Journey Stokholm LV 7/10 have 21 CCers registered. AZA isn't giving us the M & M! Can you believe that? Can you put in a "nudge?"

Thanks,

Maven

Unless something has changed in the last few months, there is always an M&M regardless of the negative message you may have received about there not being enough people signed up. Check with Guest Relations when you board.