Where do there locals eat in Georgetown, Grand Cayman?

AtSeaWithChris

Hi Chris & Laura,

We stayed at the Marriott on SMB for 11 nights and we enjoyed spending time at Coconut Joe's across the street from the beach. We met many locals there and we also learned more about the best local excursions and places to hit from them than from our research and the hotel concierge. But we had lots of fun at Joe's, neat open air restaurant bar under a large tree with a fun staff and good food and drink specials.

You can also walk across the street to Stingers at the Comfort, and it's a short walk to the beach between the Marriott and condos. There are public beach access paths.

Another neat spot is My Bar at the Sunset House, there will be fellow cruisers there but a nice spot to relax without the beach.

Our favorite place is Rum Point but you'd have to drive there.

my son and i took a cab to cemetary beach and on the return with the same cab driver we asked to be dropped at a local resturaunt. i couldnt tell you what the name was but the cab driver certainly knew where to drop us. just hop in a cab and roll the dice. grand cayman is very safe and georgetown is one of my favorite cities.

Just minutes from George Town, Grand Cayman, Seaharvest Restaurant and My Bar, located at Sunset House, are the essential Caribbean experience.

My Bar is a huge open-sided, thatch-roofed cabana with the largest, and at times the liveliest, outdoor bar in Grand Cayman. This ‘Best of Caribbean’ award winner has been a favourite for tourists and locals for the past 50 years.

Just minutes from George Town, Grand Cayman, Seaharvest Restaurant and My Bar, located at Sunset House, are the essential Caribbean experience.

My Bar is a huge open-sided, thatch-roofed cabana with the largest, and at times the liveliest, outdoor bar in Grand Cayman. This ‘Best of Caribbean’ award winner has been a favourite for tourists and locals for the past 50 years.

Definitely my favorite!!!

Local fare for lunchtime include:

Champion House II: original at 43 Eastern Ave, or downtown takeout from the MacDonald Square building on Fort Street just past the Legislative Assembly building.

Myrtle's at Queens Court 179 West Bay Rd (Seven Mile Beach area)

Alfresco at 53 Town Hall Rd, West Bay (not too far from Hell or Turtle Farm)

Funny experience:

We like to hop in a cab and say "take us somewhere the tourists aren't.....we want to eat/drink someplace local".

Couple of years ago after a Stingray tour we hopped in our shuttle and the driver asked us where we wanted to go. We asked him to take us someplace local. He said he was off his shift after our tour, and would we like to go with him to where his friends met in the afternoon for cocktails. SURE!! Right? Perfect. We walked into a local bar in the middle of town, that was apparently a night club in the evenings, complete with mirrored walls, dance floor and smoked windows. Not exactly what we were looking for.....but it was definitely local!!! We each had a beer, bought one for our driver, tipped him well, and walked back to the waterfront. :)