Price of drinks aboard the marina

kerrianno

One must exclude wine by the glass, because:

1. wine by the bottle can vary wildly from 40 to 300 a bottle and that the small range of "wine by the glass" does not cover much.

2. Wine by the glass is , as said limited to about 3or for NV red and 4 or so White NV selections

3. when you get wine by the glass I have observed, you get a much smaller pour than you would get if you expected 4 glasses at 6 oz They get a good 8+ pours from a wine by the glass ...you get a 3 oz from the ship..maybe!

(at least)

And for me, I find the longer I drink in days, the less I drink overall so to reiterate, on a cruise over 14 days I would not take the drink package .

While it is true that the wine-by-the-glass list is limited to no more than a half dozen reds and whites, none of those that were recently served on Regatta to Alaska were NV (non-vintage) and most were in the retail (Safeway or Bevmo) range of $15 (DonnaFugata) to $25 (Shramsberg) range and were decent for my Northern California palate.

We also found the pours to be standard at about 5+ ounces and, because we had the premium package, the bartenders/waiters (both at ship's bars and restaurants) were always ready to refill the glasses.

I looked at the bottle wine list in all locations aboard Regatta and found the prices to be several hundred percent higher than retail for mostly decent (including the glass wine choices) though not thrilling choices.

At the bottom line, and particularly because of the included tips, I highly recommend the premium beverage package for folks who may have a couple of glasses of wine with lunch and dinner as well as the occasional cocktail. In fact, 4 glasses of Shramsberg Mirabelle (at $15+tip) over the course of two meals in a day would far exceed the daily $60 (tips included) premium beverage package cost.

That said, I do agree that, on cruises of more than 10 or so days, particularly if port intensive where you plan to eat ashore, one might want to do the math on shipboard alcohol consumption before making a package decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hawaiidan -

We have been looking for your review of your cruise and haven't seen it yet. Hope you will be writing one soon.

Turned it in weeks ago as well as a second.....you tell me why my review was not published.

Basic it said.... everything was above and beyond in all areas. Food variety, presentation, service, in every venue Michelin territory. Didn't like almost everything in Red Ginger...sea bass was totally mushy and reeked of powerful fishy taste... Tried 3 other nights. Not aisian food like I like but a " interperation" by some creative chef.... If you didn't know you would not care.

Toscana, a surprise...I don't care for Italian much... but everything in Toscana totally blew mw away...The sage butter sauce with tortellini for example...

Loved the main dining room service .. Loved the dim sum type variety of the Terrace.. where they serve just about everything from all the other venues every night. You could have a Toscana, Red Ginger Polo,Jaques choice

Found that out of 34 days I could get any dining request for any venue 32 of those days...

Loved all the drawer and closet space in a B#3 super deck, The fantastic first run movies on a 42 flat screen.. Never went to a show. Or took a ship tour

Never a problem with anything..... even the ships hospital where I I WAS ADMITTED for 9 days due to Staph...... Not even that ruined any thing on the cruise.....

Commented on the trivia teams who used wireless computers... but who cares

Did make the observation that if you have a complaint on anything on this ship for just about any reason it is because you wanted too !

That whatever the situation it is up to the person to determine if it is in reality "the arrow or the Indian" as they say as to where the faults might lie..

I have to smile at some of the reviews thus...

I have been sailing on ships boats and in between for decades, love the fine things, appreciate people and the efforts they make for you.

For me...this was one of , if not the finest month of continuous quality at sea or on land I can remember....They even made a potential life threating medical condition ( septic shock) not only endurable but pleasant !

(Sent from a desert motel room in a sand storm near Cabazone ca)

T

Too, on longer cruises you have to buy for the WHOLE cruise booked, not a portion or a segment if it is back to back as and example. Thus a cruise comprised of 2 , 14 day segments would require one to purchase for a minimum of 28 days not 14 !

Are you sure about a B2B? I can see on a Grand Voyage or World Cruise as you book it as a whole package.

What are you basing the info for a B2B on?

Ok, for anyone interested in this I've got the OFFICIAL answer from Oceania through my TA.

"Re: Oceania

You have up until day 3 to purchase the drink package for the entire sailing. You do not have to purchase it for the second sailing of a back to back."