Cruising with 50 people - suggestions?

gatorphin

• 1 month later...
Call me crazy but as someone who has never cruised in a group larger than 4, the idea of going with a large group like that sounds very cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think it sounds like tons of fun! As long as people realize that you won't be doing everything together.

We just returned from a condo beach trip with a total of 47 people, and we needed more activities than the ocean and tiny pool. I kept thinking that a cruise would have been MUCH better.

• 1 year later...

I am traveling with a group of 14 and will be on the Magic sailing to Costa Maya, Belize, Mahogany Bay and Cozumel. In our group 6 of us have cruised a few times and the rest are first time cruisers. Any suggestions on a group of 14 going to shows and sitting together? Is it difficult to book an excursion from the ship and all be together? I know one of the excursions we are going to do is one of the Mayan Ruins (not sure on which one we are going to yet). The other excursions we are probably going arrange a private tour. Do we need to book this Mayan Ruins excursion before the we get on the ship or can we wait and book when we get on?

I am traveling with a group of 14 and will be on the Magic. Any suggestions on a group of 14 going to shows and sitting together?

As others have told the OP from 2014, don't be the scout leader.

We sometimes cruise with a larger group and here's what we do. After dinner the guys head to the show lounge and stake out the two person lounger type seats near the glass on the Magic. There are three rows of them (I think.) Then the ladies have time to powder their nose, shop and bring us something to drink for our valiant efforts. Rarely has any other plan worked, but this one works every time.

In Cozumel check out Nachi Cocum. It's our go to place, might be there in a few days!

Edited by BallFour4

I'm cruising with over 50 of our friends at the end of this month! Ages range from 7 - 50+. Anyone out there done this before and do you have any suggestions for us? Thanks!:)

AHOY SHIPMATE,

first suggestion is CANCEL.

REBOOK with a much smaller group of 8-10 at most. I would list the reasons but I'm sure you will get them from others.

We use to cruise with a group of 200-plus cruisers. When we returned home we made a DVD video together and passed them out to the members of the group. A few in group would always ask me why my photos were of different places than any of the others in the group.:D

200 people :eek: took em two hours just to use the restroom. Think about that when you visit areas that charge fifty cents to use the restrooms :D.

Edited by BoDidly