Cupcake class on Breakaway

ladybugk04

Has anyone done the cupcake decorating class on the breakaway? I was curious how much it cost, what you make, and how long it was? Any information is helpful. I saw it when someone posted one of the dailies but it didn't go into detail.

Thanks!!!!:)

Laughing at myself.....when I read the title of your thread I was like "what? There's a cupcake class? Like Aqua class or 1st class or....???"

Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. I'm glad it's almost Friday though.

I thought that too! I pictured in-stateroom frosting dispensers and sprinkles floating in the tub!

modern-kids.jpg

Sorry OP, I have nothing useful to add.

Edited by Scott2.0

This is something I want to try too so I found this review last week and copied this section to a word document that I'm keeping of notes from other's reviews, lol. Yes, I'm a Type A Personality!

Cupcake Decorating Class

Some advise here book early. This class is only offered once during the cruise and there is limited space. Since we had reservations, we got in. We saw lots of people walking up and trying to join. They were denied entry, because the class was full. The price was $39. It included the class, a Carlo's Bakery Apron, a picture with the Cake Boss (he's not there they green screen it), and the 4 cupcakes you decorate. Not a bad deal considering ship prices the picture alone would be $20. The class begins with a video from the Cake Boss welcoming you to the class. You are given 4 cupcakes, a turntable, icing bags, sprinkles and decorations. A chef is there and he demonstrates on a cupcake then you go back to your station and do it. And then he does the next one and so on. It looks easy, mine aren't going to look like that. They actually didn't look to bad. After we were done we walked our plates to the green screen. That's when my chocolate cupcake took a nose dive on to the floor. It was a big mess of frosting. I picked it up as the staff started to clean up the mess. After the picture. They hand you a cupcake decorating certificate. And box up your cupcakes to deliver to your room. The staff replaced my ruined cupcake with the one the chef made. All in all I would highly recommend this activity.

This is something I want to try too so I found this review last week and copied this section to a word document that I'm keeping of notes from other's reviews, lol. Yes, I'm a Type A Personality!

Cupcake Decorating Class

Some advise here book early. This class is only offered once during the cruise and there is limited space. Since we had reservations, we got in. We saw lots of people walking up and trying to join. They were denied entry, because the class was full. The price was $39. It included the class, a Carlo's Bakery Apron, a picture with the Cake Boss (he's not there they green screen it), and the 4 cupcakes you decorate. Not a bad deal considering ship prices the picture alone would be $20. The class begins with a video from the Cake Boss welcoming you to the class. You are given 4 cupcakes, a turntable, icing bags, sprinkles and decorations. A chef is there and he demonstrates on a cupcake then you go back to your station and do it. And then he does the next one and so on. It looks easy, mine aren't going to look like that. They actually didn't look to bad. After we were done we walked our plates to the green screen. That's when my chocolate cupcake took a nose dive on to the floor. It was a big mess of frosting. I picked it up as the staff started to clean up the mess. After the picture. They hand you a cupcake decorating certificate. And box up your cupcakes to deliver to your room. The staff replaced my ruined cupcake with the one the chef made. All in all I would highly recommend this activity.

The class was canceled on our trip, June 1, 2014, due to lack of interest. We try to sign up for it, and was told about the cancelation.

The class seems to sell out quicker when sailings have a lot of kids onboard. Last year I was on the BA and the class sold out. NCL was just introducing the class on the BA and my sailing was one of the first to have it bc Buddy was onboard and made an appearance at the class. I think it includes 4 cupcakes to decorate.

I have no desire for cupcake baking especially on a cruise vacation.

Now if they had a cupcake tasting class......I would be the FIRST to sign up. Seriously, the best job in the world is being a judge on cupcake wars!

I could easily eat my way through several cupcakes and give my opinion on each one ;)

:)

Edited by david_sobe