Cartagena on a sunday

catperson02

We are calling at Cartagena on our cruise on Azura in August. I have decided against booking an excursion as there seems to be plenty to do in the port. Will the Roman theatre and other museums be open on a Sunday? What about the shops as I will have 2 teenage girls in tow.

We have been to Cartagena 3 times every time on a Sunday!!!

We always found plenty to do...the castle was open as was the Roman theatre....also the Archaeological Maritime Museum on the quayside was open....several of the shops were open as well...I think they know that a ship is coming in so open up especially for them....there are also boat trips from the quayside and free wifi from the front steps of the building adjacent to the entrance to the ships berth!! :)

Oh thank you. Free WIFI will go down well as I have told them that I am not paying for internet on the boat and it saves us having to go searching for somewhere (mcdonalds or suchlike) for their essential social media fix. It looks like we will find plenty to do without spending a fortune on a ships excursion.