T-shirts in dining room?

mwoody1967

My answer, if you want to follow the rules to a t, no tee. If you want to listen to those on here, 50-50 t's are ok and not. Some cruisers hate to see someone not dressed accordingly, it bothers them. Others say they want to relax, that's why they came on the cruise. My belief, I am comfortable wearing what I want in the MDR as I paid my $$ and feel that if you don't want to see my hairy legs, don't look. Don't want to offend anyone but sure do enjoy myself on almost every cruise. Finally, call the cruise line and they will confirm that the dress code is not written in stone and has been unofficially relaxed over the years.

So are you saying it is against Carnival policy to wear shorts and t-shirts in the dining room?

Maybe I'm just a simple person but if your going to wear what you want, why did you ask if you could ??? I say just wear a tee shirt all the time. Saves on packing (lol)

It's your cruise duo whatever you want. Dint listen to the pompous asses on here who will act like it is the end of the world and you ruined their experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Like!

I pack polos for my boys, but I say wear whatever floats your boat. It's your cruise, and your vacation, and what you wear isn't going to effect my experience at all. As long as you aren't rude and a nose picker, you can sit right next to me.

Or chronic nose blower (yuk). I hate that!

Add me the "I Wouldn't" list. Will it bother me if you wear a T-shirt, no. I wear khakis and a polo shirt but that's just me. Have a great cruise!

I love that argument. Same with someone going naked. No it won't affect me, and won't change the flavor of my food. It's their cruise.

Please don't crucify me but I am a simple man traveling with simple men, and 4 20-23 year old "boys". Is it ok to wear shorts and t-shirts in the dining room (excluding "Elegant night")?

Thank you and be gentle please............

Does it happen?

Yes, it happens.

Before people start with their opinions rather than what the actual dress code says, here it is:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

It's interesting to note that t-shirts are not listed as being accepted attire for casual nights, or on the list of not permitted attire for casual nights. Maybe Carnival does not want to mix it up with their more laid back guests.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

The dress code says shirts with collars but Carnival does not enforce any of their dress codes anymore. Never seen a t-shirt with a collar but as long as its clean and not ragged out they wear them all the time except Elegant night. Dennis

On cruise casual nights my dad and I always wear a t-shirt and shorts to the dining room. It's my vacation and I am going to choose to wear what is comfortable. If that bothers someone with what I wear.....then look the other way

On cruise casual nights my dad and I always wear a t-shirt and shorts to the dining room. It's my vacation and I am going to choose to wear what is comfortable. If that bothers someone with what I wear.....then look the other way

I agree !

I'll never understand why this bothers some of you that much. Does it make your food taste different or are you just really that uptight?

PM me your addresses and I'll send you some coal. You can send me back diamonds. TIA.

Like I said Carnival ignores their own dress code. Pretty soon it's gonna be wife-beaters and gym shorts. Dennis

Like I said Carnival ignores their own dress code. Pretty soon it's gonna be wife-beaters and gym shorts. Dennis

Yeah pretty sure it's not gonna be like that.....but if it happens that way it's not gonna change anything for me

Yeah pretty sure it's not gonna be like that.....but if it happens that way it's not gonna change anything for me

Yeah sure, and as little as 15 years ago there were no shorts or jeans in the main dining room either..Dennis

Yes u can. I do it every cruise and I am as "grown" as any other man in the MDR. I swear some ppl can't help but try to shame folks into thinking like them. Why the care so much about how OTHER people dress is beyond me. Wearing a polo/golf shirt in the MDR doesn't make you anymore classier than anybody else.

OP, it is fine to wear your t-shirt in the MDR on non-elegant night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a lady, but YES, THIS! Don't let the opinions of uptight, rigid folks keep you from being comfortable on YOUR vacation that YOU paid YOUR money for. My husband works his BUTT off all year, and when on VACATION, he prefers the comfort of t-shirts as well, and if that's what he wants, then I am all for it. We care nothing about impressing others on the cruise. We are not there for the veiwing entertainment of others.

It's interesting to note that t-shirts are not listed as being accepted attire for casual nights, or on the list of not permitted attire for casual nights. Maybe Carnival does not want to mix it up with their more laid back guests.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Forums mobile app

And that is where a lot of the arguing comes in. Some people believe that if it isn't specifically authorized it is proscribed. Others like me think that If it isn't specifically proscribed it is authorized.

I know that several have said that you will be fine wearing your T-shirt but I am not so sure about that. I have seen people turned away because they were wearing a T shirt. It may be a good idea to pack a few polo shirts just in case.

technically, T-shirts are not listed in the dress code.

My problem is that Carnival has never consistently enforced policies. You can get away with some things on some ships but not on others.