T-shirts in dining room?

mwoody1967

Please don't crucify me but I am a simple man traveling with simple men, and 4 20-23 year old "boys". Is it ok to wear shorts and t-shirts in the dining room (excluding "Elegant night")?

Thank you and be gentle please............

Please don't crucify me but I am a simple man traveling with simple men, and 4 20-23 year old "boys". Is it ok to wear shorts and t-shirts in the dining room (excluding "Elegant night")?

yes it is

Before people start with their opinions rather than what the actual dress code says, here it is:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I wouldn't. I do see people in that though. I would think at least a polo or some sort of casual collared shirt. Polo/golf.

Me either. I prefer to look like a grown up when going to dinner on a cruise

Edited by SeaUs

Yes u can. I do it every cruise and I am as "grown" as any other man in the MDR. I swear some ppl can't help but try to shame folks into thinking like them. Why the care so much about how OTHER people dress is beyond me. Wearing a polo/golf shirt in the MDR doesn't make you anymore classier than anybody else.

OP, it is fine to wear your t-shirt in the MDR on non-elegant night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's your cruise duo whatever you want. Dint listen to the pompous asses on here who will act like it is the end of the world and you ruined their experience.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Edited by JLee1973

We are going on our first cruise on Sunday and this has been a big discussion among the four of us. The men seem to think it is ridiculous to have a dress code on vacation and they should be allowed to wear whatever they want. Us women just want them to look nice and not embarrass us by being the only ones in tshirts. Honestly, the only time any of us "dress up" is for weddings and funerals. Tees and jeans/shorts are daily attire. No way will we get our men in ties, let alone a full suit. But they agreed to polos and khakis. We will be wearing causal dresses and sandals, no cocktail or formal dresses for us either.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I stopped dressing like other people when I was discharged from the Navy:). That said DW and I like to be a little dressier than we are at home, but that's just us. I don't really notice what anyone else is wearing. As long as what you want to wear is allowed in the dress code go for it.

Shorts are fine. Shirts are supposed to be collared.

Yes u can. I do it every cruise and I am as "grown" as any other man in the MDR. I swear some ppl can't help but try to shame folks into thinking like them. Why the care so much about how OTHER people dress is beyond me. Wearing a polo/golf shirt in the MDR doesn't make you anymore classier than anybody else.

OP, it is fine to wear your t-shirt in the MDR on non-elegant night.

That is kinda what I thought also. I am not sure why it would bother someone on how someone else dresses while eating? It bafels me really. Like others have said, I am on vacation and do not want to have to "dress up". It would be like me being offended if I saw someone in a suit and tie at dinner and let it ruin my food and experience. To each his own.

Me either. I prefer to look like a grown up when going to dinner on a cruise

Exactly. And it also shows that you can read, by abiding by the dress code regulations.

If you don't want to dress up, then visit the buffet or other dining options.

Or choose a vacation that is more geared to your liking.

As in, if I don't want to wear a tuxedo, I don't attend events that require one. Seems pretty logical (common sense)

Exactly. And it also shows that you can read, by abiding by the dress code regulations.

If you don't want to dress up, then visit the buffet or other dining options.

Or choose a vacation that is more geared to your liking.

As in, if I don't want to wear a tuxedo, I don't attend events that require one. Seems pretty logical (common sense)

So are you saying it is against Carnival policy to wear shorts and t-shirts in the dining room?

Before people start with their opinions rather than what the actual dress code says, here it is:

Cruise Casual Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Sport slacks, khakis, jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long), collared sport shirts; Ladies - Casual dresses, casual skirts or pants and blouses, summer dresses, Capri pants, dress shorts, jeans (no cut-offs).

Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Casual dinner for ladies and gentlemen: gym shorts, basketball shorts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men and baseball hats.

Cruise Elegant Dining Dress Code: Gentlemen - Dress slacks, dress shirts. We also suggest a sport coat. If you wish to wear suits and ties or tuxedos, by all means we invite you to do so. Ladies - Cocktail dresses, pantsuits, elegant skirts and blouses; if you‘d like to show off your evening gowns, that's great too! Not permitted in the dining room during the Cruise Elegant dinner for ladies and gentlemen: shorts, T-shirts, beach flip-flops, bathing suit attire, jeans, cut-off jeans, sleeveless shirts for men, sportswear, and baseball hats.

I tend to follow the dress code which is listed above, but I have seen people with t-shirts and shirts, along with beach or everyday plastic flip flops in the dining room on casual and elegant nights. If thats what they have to wear, then it doesn't bother me. Its not following the cruise guidelines, but if they don't enforce it, who am I to say anything or complain. Go with what you have, and enjoy your cruise.

So are you saying it is against Carnival policy to wear shorts and t-shirts in the dining room?

There is a difference between Carnival policy and Carnival practice. I read the policy quoted by figdu as requiring dress shorts and shirts with a collar, but Carnival does allow shorts (such as cargo shorts, which aren't dress shorts but they aren't gym shorts, either) and t-shirts.