T-shirts in dining room?

mwoody1967

Sorry, previous post was a mistake. All I was saying is that I have to wear a suit and tie to work everyday, the last thing I want to do is wear that same thing on the cruise. I want to relax and be comfortable! Not to mention how ridiculous it is to have to bring all if that extra clothing for what amounts to a few hours out of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So I guess if your workplace requested you wear a suit and tie to work, you would wear a t-shirt and jeans, because hey "it's your job" and all. Why should I have to do what they ask!!

I don't have a dog in the fight but this comparison doesn't work.

There is a difference between requested and suggested. If your job has a required dress code that means it must be followed. You are there to perform a job that you are paid for so of course you follow the requirements. If a cruise line has a suggested dress code it is not required but preferred. And regardless, if the cruise line wanted to enforce their suggested dress code they could. But they chose not to. And since they are running the ship, they are the only one people have to worry about pleasing. People's opinion here to what is right and wrong makes no difference.

I think the discussion around dress only matters here. Because once on the ship most people aren't going to focus on what people are wearing and let it affect their vacation. And those few that do are probably miserable and unhappy people anyway.

So you have seen people turned away from the MDR due to shorts and or tee's? Since EVERY cruise I have been on, those were the main dress code in the MDR. If I had been turned away, I would have taken a picture of the room and proceeded to guest services due to discrimination. I have been on the Triumph and saw , wait for it, tee's and shorts as popular attire in the MDR.

So you have seen people turned away from the MDR due to shorts and or tee's? Since EVERY cruise I have been on, those were the main dress code in the MDR. If I had been turned away, I would have taken a picture of the room and proceeded to guest services due to discrimination. I have been on the Triumph and saw , wait for it, tee's and shorts as popular attire in the MDR.

Yes, I have seen people turned away for wearing shorts on Elegant night. Dennis

I stopped dressing like other people when I was discharged from the Navy:). That said DW and I like to be a little dressier than we are at home, but that's just us. I don't really notice what anyone else is wearing. As long as what you want to wear is allowed in the dress code go for it.

Love the first line. :cool: We are just like you. Husband dresses up a bit, I generally wear a sundress or similar and we make our boys wear collared shirts. It's not too hard...they actually enjoy looking nice.

However, before CC, it never occurred to me to notice what people are wearing. And once on the ship, I forget to notice either. :). Oh, I take that back. On Allure we did notice a guy who wore flip flops, a baseball cap and tank top to dinner every night. He was not there on elegant night we don't think. If he was, he must have dressed appropriately since we didn't notice him.

Hmm? I didn't know that folks in t shirts(not undershirts) only went to restaurants where they serve fried chicken and mac n cheese??

It is amazing what stereotypes folks seem to have in their minds!!

Here in Southern California you can go to many high class restaurants in shorts and t shirts!

It really all depends on what is the local culture as to what you can wear!

It really does depend on what is acceptable locally. The first wedding we attended after we were married was on a Sat afternoon. I convinced DH that no one would wear a full suit to an afternoon wedding. I am from CA, we live in MN. So, he went in a dress shirt and pants with a tie. He was the only male there over the age of probably 15 not in a suit and felt really uncomfortable. I told my sisters about it and they were shocked that anyone was wearing a suit.

So, if the Carnival culture says tshirts and shorts are okay...