Am I allowed to cancel and rebook right away?

beacha

I noticed that my cruise has a new senior rate. It is $350 less for the same category. I booked a special in March that had a $50 deposit. My final payment is in one week. I will lose the deposit, but the rate will be so much cheaper. Also, I did not purchase insurance yet. Am I able to change the booking? I realize that I will probably have to pay in full when I book, but I would have to in a week anyway. Thanks for any thoughts. I know I should just call Carnival, but I appreciate any thoughts from this board first!

Thanks,Firemanbobswife. I will check with my husband to make sur that it's ok to go ahead with the charge card. Do you know if I can still buy insurance once I make the payment? Would it be better to get the insurance and then call Carnival? Thanks for your help.

Thanks,Firemanbobswife. I will check with my husband to make sur that it's ok to go ahead with the charge card. Do you know if I can still buy insurance once I make the payment? Would it be better to get the insurance and then call Carnival? Thanks for your help.

I always purchase insurance from a third party through insuremytrip. But since you're not within the 14 to 21 day window from your initial deposit, you won't be covered for preexisting conditions or be able to get cancel for any reason coverage. I think it works the same with Carnival. As long as you haven't made final payment I think you will be safe. I would get the price adjustment first and pay additional deposit. Then get insurance since most times it's based on the total fare. So the less the cruise, the less the insurance. At least that's the way it is with third party insurers. You may want to look into that.

you would not be able to book the insurance now then cancel the cruise.

They will probably not pay it. But since you are within your window you should be able to make changes no matter what-- (until final payment is due that is when you will have problems

Thank you. I see you are sailing on the Splendor in 2015. That must be from Norfolk, VA. I was thinking about that cruise, too. We are only a few miles from the post and are so excited to have Carnival come back.appreciate your advice and thoughts!

Thank you. I see you are sailing on the Splendor in 2015. That must be from Norfolk, VA. I was thinking about that cruise, too. We are only a few miles from the post and are so excited to have Carnival come back.appreciate your advice and thoughts!

Yes and yes :) I did Glory last year from here twice. You should join us! There are a bunch of us from the other 2 Glory cruises. Most of us local to Norfolk/VA Beach.

you would not be able to book the insurance now then cancel the cruise.

They will probably not pay it. But since you are within your window you should be able to make changes no matter what-- (until final payment is due that is when you will have problems

So your thoughts are that I might think about getting insurance after I make the change to the lower senior rate. I wonder if everyone should notify their insurance company every time they make an adjustment to their reservation. Thanks for you input. I see that you are an experienced member, and I appreciate your time in posting your thoughts.

So your thoughts are that I might think about getting insurance after I make the change to the lower senior rate. I wonder if everyone should notify their insurance company every time they make an adjustment to their reservation. Thanks for you input. I see that you are an experienced member, and I appreciate your time in posting your thoughts.

I would get it as soon as you make the change-- checkout insuremytrip.

Pre existing conditions are usually only covered when you first book.

-- what rate are you booked now? and make sure you are looking at ALL the rates you are entitiled to