Bringing wedding flowers onboard

Does anyone know if you can bring fresh flowers onboard if you are having a destination wedding. I am using a private wedding planner in Jamaica and read somewhere that I wouldn't be able to bring my flowers back onto the ship. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My DW brought her flowers back onboard in Nassau without a problem. We also brought the bottom layer of the cake back on as well. All we received were well wishes from the crew.

This may not be "policy" but it was our experience. It's at least worth a try.

Congratulations! :)

Not wedding flowers, but I have bought regular bouquets in multiple ports over the years (both embarkation ports and ports of call). So far, the ships have allowed me to carry them on each and every time. Still, if my flowers ever denied entry, I am always prepared to accept it with grace. I never try to carry floweras back off the ship at the end of the cruise; that would likely be a violation of agricultural rules of most any country.

So, I'd say try to carry a bouquet back on board to enjoy for the remainder of the cruise. If you have lots of flowers at the wedding, I would not suggest you try to carry on loads of them...a bouquet for you, then maybe allow a few other guests to also try to bring one back aboard separately...no matter how pretty the flowers, try avoid a floral mob scene;). As long as you understand that if you hear "no", you'll need to rlent politely. And, sad as it may be, leave them on the ship...you would not wish to brak ag rules or to inadvertantly bring some floral disease back ashore.

I keep collapsable, flat-pack plastic vases in my suitcase. Something like these, but I have picked them up over the years at a museum gift shop, an office supply store, and most recently at a dollar store. It save me from having to ask for a vase, allowing me to get the flowers back in water faster. http://www.amazon.com/Blasani-Flower-Decor-Plastic-Vase/dp/B009TZS7EI/ref=pd_bxgy_hg_text_y

Yes, I have often taken flowers onboard ships, but never have been able

to take them off the ship. When my sister got married on Jamaica, she

decided to use silk, which she really didn't want, but that was the only way she

could bring them back home. Even though she told TSA they were silk, they

made her open the package they were in.

I'm sorry RC has done away with flower shops onboard. We drive from home to sail from Galveston, so I purchase flowers right near us when we are leaving

home. I don't know enough about Houston/Galveston to know where to

get fresh ones. They do fine in water with preservative driving to Galveston.

I take a vase, and arrange them once onboard. They usually last almost until

the end of our B2B.

I took flowers on the ship one time a few years ago but couldn't take them with me after the cruise. I'm thinking of taking some on our next cruise.

Probably a good idea, since Royal Caribbean no longer has flowers aboard.

I ordered two different arrangements 3 weeks in advance of our last sailing, and only one showed up. And since Royal does not carry flowers aboard, the only that they could do was to give my money back.

There are wonderful flower arrangements found in the Bahamas and Caribbean, and looking at your cruise history.......that is where we most likely will find you!!:D

Rick

Edited by rubrrick