Just off the Solstice - 6/20-6/27

BuckeyeMark

H & M also took us to where a local fisherman cleans his nets every day and so a big bunch of bald eagles show up for dinner. Incredible to have those birds swooping over your head as they glide in for a meal. We also saw seal pups and seal lions. All on a very very comfortable boat with a super knowledgeable captain and naturalist. They are just the best. I put 53 people on their boats last week and everyone in my group just loved it. Especially when they saw the cruise ship excursion barge with people jammed on the rails trying to get a glimpse of whales....:cool:

This is the first I've read that the Martini Bar has been fixed; I read a while ago that it had been broken for a while. Glad the frosty top is back for my cruise (in September).

It was fixed around February this year.

It was someone different. Her name was Diane and she was very good. I think the boat was with Allen Marine or some company like that - I guess Celebrity contracts with them because it was done through Celebrity.

Brent was on our boat and he's very good. He spoke several times (usually on sea days) and I went to a couple of his presentations. He knows his stuff!

Thanks, that sounds great, shall look forward to the Allen Marine excursion. I plan to go to Brent Nixon's presentations on board the Solstice, the reviewers all speak so highly of his presentations.

me.

We did the valet service at the end of the cruise and that was excellent. Set your bags out in the hall the night before the cruise ends and the next time you see them is on a luggage carousel in your home airport. Yay!

To get to the airport we had the hotel call us a car. A guy came in a Lincoln Town Car and took us right to the pier for $55 (three of us and our luggage). However, my bro in law intro'd me to UBER and now I'm sure I should've done that. Uber is an app on your phone - you tap it and they come get you. On the return trip my daughter remained in Seattle with some family so it was just me and the wife. We went from downtown Seattle to the airport for $25 with Uber. Not kidding! Look it up and download the app. Uber rocks.

Glad to help out. Keep your questions coming - many helped me so I'm glad to pay it forward.

Our AA flight leaves Seattle at 9pm . Are we qualify for Luggage Valet as an option? Is there a public bus/shuttle from the pier 91 to downtown? BTW thank you for the UBER. Also I want to meet a friend in downtown Seattle and spend a few hours before heading to SEA airport. Any suggestions on a quiet , nice ans not so expensive place for lunch ?

Our AA flight leaves Seattle at 9pm . Are we qualify for Luggage Valet as an option? Is there a public bus/shuttle from the pier 91 to downtown? BTW thank you for the UBER. Also I want to meet a friend in downtown Seattle and spend a few hours before heading to SEA airport. Any suggestions on a quiet , nice ans not so expensive place for lunch ?

Don't know if you'll qualify for Lugg Valet - don't know the requirements for that. I'd think you would but DW handled this for us so if there are requirement/rules I missed it.

Don't know about public bus - would think you could google up the Seattle transit system and see. Prolly is.

UBER is the bomb. Do it.

Go to Pike Place Market. Worth seeing, tons of fun, lots of little cafes in it and around it. And the original Starbucks is there too. The whole area is really cool. Worth seeing. Only a couple miles from the cruise pier.

Edited by BuckeyeMark

Thanks for posting your review. We are sailing on the second last trip of the season - over Labour Day. I was thinking it may be warm enough for summery wear, but am now guessing that I'll need to haul out the winter woollies!

Thanks for posting your review. We are sailing on the second last trip of the season - over Labour Day. I was thinking it may be warm enough for summery wear, but am now guessing that I'll need to haul out the winter woollies!

Layers! It might be warm but you sure can't put it on if you didn't bring it and it's cold!