Queens suite dining, guests?

Karen Lynn

In suite dining no problem, we have done this on many an occasion.

You would however be really struggling for this to happen in the Queens Grill, although we were on one occasion allowed to have a Princess Grill friend join us on one evening. A good tip always helps!

Judy

I agree with MsDeva, In your suite, your guests are your guests, no issue at all/perfectly routine. Think no more about it.

In the restaurants however is a different matter. It can come down to a large tip (as MsDeva suggests) or how well you know the maitre 'd. Or simply how full the restaurant is.

An alternative would be for you to join your friends in their restaurant.

(Once, on QE2, at the invitation of Queens Grill passengers, I had pre-dinner drinkies in the Queens Grill Lounge (as a Caronia grade passenger). But I wasn't permitted to dine in the Queens Grill afterwards. It was put to my hosts (out of my earshot) in a most polite manner ;) ("does he know what a knife and fork are for?" :rolleyes: ;) ). After my small taste of the high-life, and having watched the privileged classes enjoying their privileges, I returned, Jack Dawson like, to the oars... )

Have a great meal with your friends :)

Edited by pepperrn

Hello,

Can you confirm that a non queen's grill passenger can get unlimited free caviar if invited in a queen's grill suite? I find it difficult to figure out how Cunard could authorize this.

Best regards. Christophe.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

QG this month. Servuga served for no charge in dining room only. Charge for it being served anywhere else varied depending on person asked. We had a thimble portion in dining room and it was not worth repeating for free, let alone paying 5 cents. A quite pathetic showing.

How and where is the 'free caviar' going to be served?

I doubt it, sorry.

In both 2009 and 2010 in queens grill aboard Queen Mary 2 I had free caviar several times both in the dining room and in my suite. Isn't it the case anymore?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree with MsDeva, In your suite, your guests are your guests, no issue at all/perfectly routine. Think no more about it.

In the restaurants however is a different matter. It can come down to a large tip (as MsDeva suggests) or how well you know the maitre 'd. Or simply how full the restaurant is.

An alternative would be for you to join your friends in their restaurant.

(Once, on QE2, at the invitation of Queens Grill passengers, I had pre-dinner drinkies in the Queens Grill Lounge (as a Caronia grade passenger). But I wasn't permitted to dine in the Queens Grill afterwards. It was put to my hosts (out of my earshot) in a most polite manner ;) ("does he know what a knife and fork are for?" :rolleyes: ;) ). After my small taste of the high-life, and having watched the privileged classes enjoying their privileges, I returned, Jack Dawson like, to the oars... )

Have a great meal with your friends :)

Of course you know what the knife & fork are for... The fork is to be stuck into the hand of the wiseacre attendant to hold it there & the knife is to be then used to finish the job!