Advise re lunch on the train to Denali

sue1898

Greetings from Denali! Just a quick word of advice to those taking cruise tours about the train to Denali. Eat a big breakfast, either before you arrive or on the train. We unfortunately did not do so yesterday and by the time our row was notified that we could go downstairs to the dining car for lunch it was 3PM! Not tragic because the full bar and beautiful scenery kept us busy but we were very hungry!

Yesterday was rainy but we woke up this morning to a beautiful day for seeing the mountain!

image.jpg.86d199c10f9bfd4b87d6ad4bec0243c2.jpg

I don't remember where we bought them, but we bought sandwiches & snacks before we left for the train ... we ordered our drinks on board, you don't have to wait for those!

Edited by Lady Chew

We will be departing from the ship very early in the morning. Is it possible to receive room service breakfast before the 6 AM departure?

Marilyn

Sent from my iPad using Forums

YES! Just hand write the time you would like it delivered on the Room Service Menu Card you hang on your door before you retire.

YES! Just hand write the time you would like it delivered on the Room Service Menu Card you hang on your door before you retire.

Many thanks. We are breakfast eaters, and were concerned that we might be a wee bit peekish , by the time we were able to find an opportunity to have our morning meal.

Sent from my iPad using Forums