How is the "free" coffee on Carnival?

LBeeE

I find that the coffee on the Lido deck is very strong & a little bitter tasting. Last cruise I filled my cup half with coffee and half hot water. Then we had brought flavored creamer. It helped. I have never tried the coffee through room service. I assumed it was the same but will try it on our next cruise.

My cruises in 2013, the coffee was terrible at the buffet but it was good in the MDR. The coffee was so bad at the buffet that I bought coffee at the coffee shop instead which I have never done prior to that.

My cruises in 2014, the coffee has been much better at the buffet that I have not had to buy it at the coffee shop.

On my upcoming Sept cruise on Splendor, I do plan an going to the coffee shop even if the coffee at the buffet is good. The coffee at the shop is very good and a good price.:cool:

We bring a French Press and make our own. I think the MDR coffee is ok, but room service and lido coffee, not so much. And sometimes I could swear it might be decaf!

So we bring our own!

OK! I admit it, I am a coffee snob too!:D

It's better when you get it from room service. That's for sure.

We don't order coffee from room service anymore. I think it was always just warm and not hot. Whoever gets up first takes the insulated coffee mugs to the Lido deck and gets hot coffee from there. I will agree the MDR coffee is better but I don't have a problem with drinking coffee from the Lido deck.

I agree with many others, the room service coffee for some reason is not good, but MDR is okay. Not sure what brand they use but wish they would consider a brand change, had wonderful coffee on both HAL and RC, but won't give up Carnival for the coffee :)

Obviously, the taste of the coffee is very subjective. I like the Lido coffee since it was changed about 2 years ago. Never could stand the MDR coffee.

Agreed 100%. The old Lido coffee was pretty bad, but the new Lido coffee is decent. In fact, I think the new Lido coffee is better than the MDR. Room service coffee is ok for first thing in the morning or after a late night, when you're drinking it more for effect than for flavor. ;)