Sensation or RCI Enchantment of the Seas?

eisens

I'm considering a July short cruise out of Port Canaveral. My choices are the Sensation or the Enchantment of the Seas.

It will be me (60 year old lady) and my 15 year old teen son who loves to party. Years ago I sailed the Carnival Legend and loved it. I really want this trip to be fun for my son as he is facing surgery later in the month that will have him in a lot of pain and a cast for months on end. This is his last chance to really enjoy himself for about a year.

I hear Enchantment has a nice teen club (O2) -- but my "gut" tells me Carnival will be more fun. Any advice appreciated -- I need to make a choice soon!

Thanks.

Haven't been on either of those ships, but have been on CCL Inspiration (same class as Sensation) and RCI Majesty (perhaps somewhat similar to Enchantment?). I was on RCI a looong time ago...when I was about 15! I think the teen activities on Carnival are better, but just my opinion.

Loved Enchantment OTS! That class of RCCI ships each has an adults-only solarium/pool with removable roof - became my favorite spot on the ship. It is the same size as the Carnival Fantasy ships, which are also great ships.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Cruise Critic App

Being on Carnival Elation (sensation sister) and Enchantment of the seas; Enchantment of the seas wins biiiiiigggggg time.

The shows, activities, food etc are about the same.

Sensation has 1 pool, Enchantment has 3 big pools.

A 3 night cruise is usually packed with things to do. Enchantment has a beautiful solarium for 21 and over, with a glass roof, where we spend most of the time because it was so beautiful. The parties, bands and music around the ship are everywhere.

If I had to repeat any of those 2 cruises, the Enchantment would be my choice.

Short 2 min video of the Enchantment

I think you should follow your gut, and go Carnival this time. The Carnival brand appeals to families and does a really great job of creating age appropriate spaces and activities for children and young people. RCCL is a little more reserved. I hope you both have a memorable vacation whatever you decide and our prayers will be with your son when has his surgery and we wish him a speedy recovery.

Awwwwww. Sorry to hear about your son's surgery. I hope he makes a speedy recovery:D

I cannot speak to RCCL, as I've never cruised on them, however, the Sensation was our FIRST Carnival ship, back in 1994.

I know she is one of the older ones, now, but she still seems to get pretty good reviews.

I also remember her being VERY purple:D:D

I think whatever you choose, you will have a great cruise.

Go have fun.:D

Sensation has 1 pool, Enchantment has 3 big pools.

Wow -- I didn't know that! I was thinking of the water slides on the Sensation -- but 3 pools compared to 1 when you have a teen -- BIG difference! Thanks!

Doesn't the Enchantment 3 day stop at 2 ports?

Yes -- Nassau and Coco Cay.

I want to thank everyone for responding. I'm really surprised at how many of you recommended the Enchantment (after all I'm on the Carnival section). I really appreciate the insight and also the concern for my son.

CC is awesome!

To this day, the Sensation has been our WORST cruise. Run down, ugly ship, with mediocre service, and fellow passengers that left a lot to be desired.

About the Enchantment, we're about to embark TOMORROW :D. I'll be posting a review when I return but based on what I've read so far, I'm expecting it to be a few notches above our Sensation cruise. The activities, ship layout, kids program, and itinerary (which includes a visit to their private island) all seem to be things to look forward to.

Edited by Tapi

I Love carnival big time. I have sailed both these ships a couple of time's. EOS wins hands down. It also has a specialty restaurant if you so inclined. They stretched EOS several years ago and added some nice features.

Carnival does have larger standard cabins.

Although I love Carnival I think EOS wins hands down between these 2.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm considering a July short cruise out of Port Canaveral. My choices are the Sensation or the Enchantment of the Seas.

I hear Enchantment has a nice teen club (O2) -- but my "gut" tells me Carnival will be more fun. Any advice appreciated -- I need to make a choice soon!

Thanks.

Well, as promised, here's the review of our Enchantment of the Seas cruise last week: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43321527#post43321527

After having sailed both the Sensation and now the Enchantment, I can categorically say that the experience on the Enchantment was without a doubt MUCH better. It was a wonderful little cruise!

Feel free to ask any questions that you may have!

Edited by Tapi