Time to get to Rome airport

Capri73

The only flight we can get back to Phx is the 11:30 am leaving Rome.What do you think our chances are of making that ?We will have to stay at the airport and fly home the next day..Any suggestons?Have been to Rome so do not want to stay in the city.

Cruise docks at 7 am

Thank you.

The only flight we can get back to Phx is the 11:30 am leaving Rome.What do you think our chances are of making that ?We will have to stay at the airport and fly home the next day..Any suggestons?Have been to Rome so do not want to stay in the city.

Cruise docks at 7 am

Thank you.

It is doable as the airport is only about an hour away from Civitavecchia. It is on your side of Rome which makes things easier. But you will need to be off the ship pretty early and in a car by 9.00am at the latest.

Are you connecting to the direct BA flight to Phoenix from London? Because another option is to get a later flight to London and stay overnight at the Sofitel in Terminal 5.

Do not worry - it only took us 45 minutes. We disembarked at 8:25, were in our private transfer at 8:30 and arrived at Fiumicino Terminal 5 by 9:15. No problem for our 11:15 am Delta flight.

Highly recommend you book your own private car transfer ... the cost should be 110 - 140 Euros. Seabourn will charge about double that amount if you have them arrange the service. Taxis are supposed to charge a 120 Euro flat fee but they cannot wait at the ship's gangway.

Go with a private transfer.

There are many to choose from but one I highly recommend is http://www.romecabs.com

They are not a taxi company.

I prefer flight Noon or later but 11:30 AM is doable.

Get to the airport 2 hours before the flight. Airport can be chaotic, although that is true of many airports. Personally I try to get there 2 and 1/2 hours before flight to have more time.

An hour to get there is more than enough time.

Keith

Capri73,

I hope you are flying business class so it won't take that long to check in and get through security. FCO can be a chaotic airport.

Personally, I would talk to the purser's office on board and request that you be allowed to disembark as soon as the ship is cleared. Perhaps they'll even let you roll off your own luggage so you won't have to wait for that.