Live on Independence of the Seas

We arrived in Barcelona at 8. It was a thundery and very wet day. Unusual for Barcelona. As we have been to Barcelona before our plan was always to go shopping or the beach. We took the port bus to the centre which costs 3 euros return per person. It takes you to the column where you can take hop on hop off buses for 18 euros if you want to visit the city. We directly walked to the shops from the column as it wasn't the day for the beach. If you like you can also walk to the centre from the ship but it is abit of a walk.

Last night's show was under the big top by ship's dancers and singers. It was good and kids seem to have really enjoyed the show. It's theme is the circus. Tonight the show was juggler / comedian Steve Rawlings. To me it might not be to everyone's taste. It is impressive to see him juggle two bottles of wine with 3 glasses on his head on a ship's stage. Then they had a game of charades between the entertainment team and captains team. Overall it was fun.

We also enjoyed a game of mini golf last night. My husband enjoys going to the quizzes at the schooner bar. He also took part in the golf simulation competition. As I mentioned before there are various things to keep you busy on the ship.

Have just been advised of this thread you are posting from the ship, what a great idea and so helpful, thank you. Can I ask, when you get the buses from the port etc. is it easy to find the stops they pick up from when you get to the town etc. as my concern is not getting back.. Thanks and enjoy the rest of your cruise :p

Can't wait to read your next post! We will be boarding the Indy on the 12th!!!

I would love to hear about the Black and White night... I had read about it on another post. Has that happened yet?? We were wondering if that was one of the formal nights....still trying to decide on what to pack!!!

Thanks!

Patty

Hi patty we had a black and white party on Indy last September was not a formal night was a dance under the stars party was great with pool bars open late and the kids had a blast they even ended up in the pool in their clothes u have attached done pics :) xxImageUploadedByForums1404809152.073419.jpg.4808e3f5ed96f98ef789b623b73fd112.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

ImageUploadedByForums1404809084.294752.jpg.e6a0782884566b059901611d3e7923ec.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1404809117.209293.jpg.71cf2c96412d025266dee992474b7879.jpg

Today we are at sea. There were various activities available to keep you occupied if you didn't want to sunbathe. Pool side and Solarium (adults pool area) was busy so we decided to sit on our balcony as the sun was on our side most of the day. We saw few dolphins which was nice.

Some of the activities that were available were Samba class, Progressive quiz, watercolour, various seminars at the fitness centre. For entertainment we had the second ice show which was again amazing. It's called freeze frame. Evening show was singer/ comedian Mike Doyle. Again a fun show and very entertaining.

For those of you interested in having a wifi connection on the ship, the prices they are publishing are daily 24 hour unlimited access $59.95 and hourly plan 60 minutes that can be used at anytime during your cruise is $29.95. Please be aware it is not the fastest connection as it is through the satellite.

Tomorrow we are in Cadiz. For those of you wondering about taking the hop on hop off and/or public buses, they are well indicated. A good tip is to pickup the free maps that are given out by the bus companies at the ports. They indicate the routes and timings. It has been very easy to get around on our own at all the ports on this trip.

We had a great day in Cadiz today. It is a very easy town to get around on foot. As we had been at sea yesterday and we are going to be at sea the next two days, we decided to have a leisurely walk around the town. There are also hop on hop of buses available right in front of the ship for 17 euros per person. It takes you around the city but not the town centre as it is pedestrian only. The streets are too narrow for a bus. We spent around 4 hours. They also give you a free map with walking tour tips as you get out of the port. There are lots of beaches you can go to and if shopping is your thing there is plenty of shops.

Tonight's entertainment at the Alhambra theatre was called "center stage" it show cased the ship's orchestra, singers and dancers. As usual it was really nice. It is a real treat to have live music on the ship. Some of the musical arrangements was not to my taste but overall it is a good show.

Now many are watching the Argentina Holland game at the various lounges. Tomorrow we are at sea. The captain said it will be a sunny day but could be a little bumpy due to predicted wind and swell at the sea.

It has been a very windy day. On the Beaufort scale it was 8 which I am told means gale winds. The captain closed off the top decks so there was no sunbathing on the decks today. The ship moves a little with such high winds and swell. I felt as I was a little tipsy when I walked to the windjammer (deck 11) but didn't really feel anything on the promenade (deck 5) or the theater (deck 3) We enjoyed sitting on the balcony and watch the waves. As I enjoyed the ice skating show so much I went to watch it again and they did all the lifts etc even though outside was really windy. Neither my husband nor I felt sick even though he is prone to motion sickness. We didn't take any motion sickness pills either.

Other activities on the ship today was the Bee Gees tribute band. They got the crowd going but I didn't find them that great. Then there was the promonade street party - Rock Britannia which was lots of fun. We also went to listen to Rock The Boat band at the Pyramid Lounge. They are really good. They said after 23 weeks they were also having a break.

Tomorrow we are at sea again and hopefully with calmer seas for our last day on this beautiful ship!

Today was our final day. The weather was pretty gray until about four thirty. There was no sun bathing so most enjoyed the various lounges. We participated in the pub quiz and walked around the ship to take some final photos. Most have been busy packing their bags and putting them out. We will be carrying ours off the ship. Earlier on the week you get forms to confirm if you'd like to carry off your bags or not. We will be leaving 6:30 am before most people to avoid the crowds.

When the sun appeared we took the opportunity to enjoy our balcony for the last time and the sun set was beautiful. After our final dinner at the windjammer, we went to the farewell show. It is great time to see some of the crew. Tonight most of the crew was also having dinner at the windjammer and the maleysian coconut curry was delicious!

We thourghly enjoyed ourselves and it will be hard to go back to normal life after all this pampering. We wish everyone who are going to be on the IOS a wonderful time.

Today was our final day. The weather was pretty gray until about four thirty. There was no sun bathing so most enjoyed the various lounges. We participated in the pub quiz and walked around the ship to take some final photos. Most have been busy packing their bags and putting them out. We will be carrying ours off the ship. Earlier on the week you get forms to confirm if you'd like to carry off your bags or not. We will be leaving 6:30 am before most people to avoid the crowds.

When the sun appeared we took the opportunity to enjoy our balcony for the last time and the sun set was beautiful. After our final dinner at the windjammer, we went to the farewell show. It is great time to see some of the crew. Tonight most of the crew was also having dinner at the windjammer and the maleysian coconut curry was delicious!

We thourghly enjoyed ourselves and it will be hard to go back to normal life after all this pampering. We wish everyone who are going to be on the IOS a wonderful time.

I am so pleased you had a great time on Indy, thank you so much for your very useful and enjoyable posts. 2 weeks today we will be chomping at the bit to get on her armed with many of your tips... thank you and I hope you have a safe journey home today :)

Thanks so much for your review. We are heading out on her Nov. 1st for TA from Southampton. You have really gotten me excited to be a part of all the fun activities and pampering awaiting us. We have a great roll call group and can't wait to meet them as well.:)

Thanks for your live posting ... Were are going on the same cruise on 26 July. This being our first I am unsure about drinks package as I don't know prices of drinks on board -any advice /info ?

This list by Gambee will give you an idea of drink prices:

http://cruisewithgambee.com/royal-caribbean-drink/

Edited by clarea