Question About Being A Past Cruiser

Keith1010

If you have sailed with Cunard before and book another cruise from home do you get a past cruiser discount?

Thanks,

Keith

The somewhat unhelpful answer is, sometimes. It is or seems to be at the behest of Cunard and they offer the reduction on some fares and not on others. There seems to be little rhyme or reason as to when they offer it. I don't think that it matters whether you are at home or not.

The more cruises you have done the less interested they are in you. David.
That may have been your experience on board, I can't disagree with or comment on that (only you would know how you're greeted and treated)... But mine is... The more crossings and cruises I take, the more interested some of the stewards and crew are.

It makes each voyage special to be recognised and welcomed in the dining room, bars, lounges etc. Esp when some of the stewards greet me by name (and one or two in the Commodore Club even remember my favourite tipple from last time ;) ). It is one of the reasons I keep going back.

They go that extra mile with exceptional service for regular passengers they recognise, who have treated them as humans last time (not as dirt), who address them by name.

At least that is what I have found as I have done more and more cruises and crossings :)

I hope this helps :)

Edited by pepperrn

So is the answer that:

It can vary by voyage and sometimes there are past cruiser discounts offered if the cruise is booked by a certain date. Is that correct?

Keith

I believe that there are certain discounts that may or may not be offered and that they may be called many different things. Ultimately a price is arrived at which you will either accept or reject. They seem to like to make what on the surface looks simple, complicated.

If you have sailed with Cunard before and book another cruise from home do you get a past cruiser discount?

Thanks,

Keith

Some advantages for a past cruiser are available on board. Discounts on laundry/drycleaning, free internet time, comfortable disembarkaition waiting areas and priority embarkation are generally most welcome.

So is the answer that:

It can vary by voyage and sometimes there are past cruiser discounts offered if the cruise is booked by a certain date. Is that correct?

Keith

Are you happy now? You asked a simple question, in its most simple form and one person understood it.

Yes, you have it correct.

To be honest, none of the answers was perfect. Not suprising as Cunard is changing the conditions frequently and depending on the origin of the customer.

I think, it is best to explain the "career" of a return customer at Cunard.

Every passenger becomes a member of CWC Cunard World Club. There is no membership fee. The status changes with the amount of business generated.

To check your opportunities see your localized Cunard website and look up Cunard World Club explanation. I can not give a link as we in Germany must not access other Cunard websites - by the sole wish of Cunard/Carnival .

Thank you all for your responses.

Yes, some were more helpful than others but that is OK.

We booked the cruise.

We didn't get any discounts but that is OK.

Next time we will keep an eye on the mail because if there was a promotion last month we missed it.

Keith

Thank you all for your responses.

Yes, some were more helpful than others but that is OK.

We booked the cruise.

We didn't get any discounts but that is OK.

Next time we will keep an eye on the mail because if there was a promotion last month we missed it.

Keith

Keith,I hope you have a great cruise.Which one did you book?

Keith,I hope you have a great cruise.Which one did you book?

Thank you so much.

We booked the September 20, 2015 Southampton to New York Crossing. We enjoyed the first one we did this past May and the timing for this one works perfectly for other travel we will be doing.

Keith

Hi Keith1010,

DH and I have crossed five times in the autumn and once in the spring (May 2014). Our experience is that the weather in the fall has been much more enjoyable. I hope that will be your experience.

Have a wonderful crossing!

That may have been your experience on board, I can't disagree with or comment on that (only you would know how you're greeted and treated)... But mine is... The more crossings and cruises I take, the more interested some of the stewards and crew are.

It makes each voyage special to be recognised and welcomed in the dining room, bars, lounges etc. Esp when some of the stewards greet me by name (and one or two in the Commodore Club even remember my favourite tipple from last time ;) ). It is one of the reasons I keep going back.

They go that extra mile with exceptional service for regular passengers they recognise, who have treated them as humans last time (not as dirt), who address them by name.

At least that is what I have found as I have done more and more cruises and crossings :)

I hope this helps :)

Hi Pepper,

I agree wholeheartedly that there are pleasures in being a repeat customer which are not related to discounts when booking. With familiarity comes a comfort. The QM2 feels like a temporary home when we are fortunate enough to be onboard.

I hope your last crossing was as nice as May 9th : ) AND, you have one more booking soon, don't you? Lucky you !!!

Hi Keith1010,

DH and I have crossed five times in the autumn and once in the spring (May 2014). Our experience is that the weather in the fall has been much more enjoyable. I hope that will be your experience.

Have a wonderful crossing!

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

We look forward to our second crossing on the QM2.

Keith

... The QM2 feels like a temporary home when we are fortunate enough to be onboard.
Hi jimmybean,

I agree, same here :)

I hope your last crossing was as nice as May 9th : ) AND, you have one more booking soon, don't you? Lucky you !!!
It was a QM2 mini-cruise Southampton-Hamburg-Southampton with four friends June 20th-24th. But thank you very much for remembering, I am impressed (my memory is terrible! :o , so I am jealous of those who can remember... anything!).

May 9th was... as perfect a crossing on QM2 as I can imagine :) .

And yes, another QM2 trip booked for September (with the honour of being in the company of a very special lady), and again, I am impressed with your exceptional memory.

With all best wishes and happy sailings :)

Edited by pepperrn

I find it is best to book Onboard because you benefit from any reductions for sailing previously; but in addition you pay a deposit of only £350 per cabin as a deposit irrespective of the cost of the cruise and you benefit from several hundred $ of extra OBC depending on the length of the voyage. Additionally, once booked, you can go to the appropriate restaurant maître d' and he will note in his computer your preferred table arrangement. It normally works.

Hi jimmybean,

It was a QM2 mini-cruise Southampton-Hamburg-Southampton with four friends June 20th-24th. But thank you very much for remembering, I am impressed (my memory is terrible! :o , so I am jealous of those who can remember... anything!).

And yes, another QM2 trip booked for September (with the honour of being in the company of a very special lady), and again, I am impressed with your exceptional memory.

No, Pepper! I have a terrible memory! This was the second time I asked if your last voyage was a crossing (I posed the question the week before you sailed as well). Thank you for expressing the reminder in such a nice way

: )

Thank you so much for sharing your experience.

We look forward to our second crossing on the QM2.

Keith

Maybe, only your second crossing, but with your number of posts, I imagine you have quite a bit of experience on ships.

The crossings are special AND they are a little addictive. …My guess is your second will not be your last : )

Hi jimmybean,

Actually when you meet up in Southampton with Pepperrn, the joke is which lady did he come to see. If you are going to have competition, it is a relief to know it is something "Grand" like the QM2.:D:D

Actually when you meet up in Southampton with Pepperrn, the joke is which lady did he come to see. If you are going to have competition, it is a relief to know it is something "Grand" like the QM2.:D:D
:) :o :)