Extended Port Stay in Victoria--Rental Car?

We've always enjoyed porting in Victoria, however, the visits have been entirely too brief. And having motored around beautiful Vancouver Island on non-cruise visits, we've wanted to rent a car again for ages. Well, finally, NCL has scheduled a stopover from noon to 11:59 pm, which should give us the chance to rent a car and explore at least part of the Pacific Marine Circle route--woohoo!

Any suggestions on a rental agency which will pick up and drop off? If it's only for a few hours that's dandy. We can finish up the evening shopping and watching the buskers in Victoria. Pretty pleeeeeeze tell me this is possible.

Many, many thanks!

We've always enjoyed porting in Victoria, however, the visits have been entirely too brief. And having motored around beautiful Vancouver Island on non-cruise visits, we've wanted to rent a car again for ages. Well, finally, NCL has scheduled a stopover from noon to 11:59 pm, which should give us the chance to rent a car and explore at least part of the Pacific Marine Circle route--woohoo!

Any suggestions on a rental agency which will pick up and drop off? If it's only for a few hours that's dandy. We can finish up the evening shopping and watching the buskers in Victoria. Pretty pleeeeeeze tell me this is possible.

Many, many thanks!

We used Budget, 757 Douglas, 250-953-5218.They picked us up and dropped us off at the pier. You will need to check about how they handle late drop offs.

I worked for 5 years at that Budget Rent a Car in Victoria (met my now-husband there :) ). We always met the cruise ships and dropped off if possible but yes, with the late departure you may have to either drop the car after hours and take a cab back to the ship, or you can walk. Check with them when you get there on how they want to handle it. They may be open until 7 pm or so but may not have the staff to drive you back.

Having said that, most of the major car rental companies have offices there and will service the cruise ship pier. You might just want to do some online research and check the prices for Budget, Avis, Hertz, Enterprise, and Thrifty.

Have fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Karen (LangleyCruisers)! And huzzah for successful workplace happily ever afters! Sorry, it's taken 10 days to say merci but it was a rough chemo last time and it's taken a while to get to be "blitheone" again :). (Because we just ain't right, we booked our May 2015 cruise the day after I was diagnosed :cool:...bring on the roiling seas and hungry bears!)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, Karen (LangleyCruisers)! And huzzah for successful workplace happily ever afters! Sorry, it's taken 10 days to say merci but it was a rough chemo last time and it's taken a while to get to be "blitheone" again :). (Because we just ain't right, we booked our May 2015 cruise the day after I was diagnosed :cool:...bring on the roiling seas and hungry bears!)

You've tugged at my heart. Exactly a year ago, I was starting chemo too. It was absolutely a rough road, the hardest thing I've ever done... started with surgery, then chemo, then radiation, and now Tamoxifen for 10 years! But, I have been declared cancer-free and I look forward to many more cruises with my love whom I met so many years ago. :) I tell you, some of those rough chemo days were spent here on the forums, reading and dreaming about cruising once again!

You can do this!!! God bless.