FLL to Miami Hotel Transport. Help!!!

SailorGirl42

My family is cruising out of Miami in November. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise and are staying in a Miami hotel. We were going to use SAS transportation but I just saw on their page that they are no longer going to Miami Airport hotels. Our party is 6 adults plus luggage. We need other transport ideas. Please help us!!!

Where is your hotel? :confused: Unless you are cruising near Thanksgiving you should be able to find bargains among downtown Miami hotels. :cool:

Not sure why you would choose to stay near the MIA airport (a 40-45 minute shuttle trip that will leave you still 15-20 minutes away from the port) - it would be much easier/less hassle if you stay near FLL and then shuttle to POM the next day.

Good luck! :)

I'm looking into Go Shuttle now. Thanks for the help.

We are staying new the airport because it is the least expensive hotel we found that has transportation to the port, shuttle to go to CVS to get our toiletries, breakfast, etc. And a 15 minute ride to the port isn't that far.

• 1 month later...

What hotel are you staying at?

I'm looking into Go Shuttle now. Thanks for the help.

We are staying new the airport because it is the least expensive hotel we found that has transportation to the port, shuttle to go to CVS to get our toiletries, breakfast, etc. And a 15 minute ride to the port isn't that far.

My family is cruising out of Miami in November. We are flying into Ft. Lauderdale the day before the cruise and are staying in a Miami hotel. We were going to use SAS transportation but I just saw on their page that they are no longer going to Miami Airport hotels. Our party is 6 adults plus luggage. We need other transport ideas. Please help us!!!

I don't know if this will help but it's a suggestion. If you guys are able to carry or roll your luggage short distances you can take the TRI Rail from FLL to MIA and then pick up a shuttle to your hotel. It would certainly save some money and is very simple. Look into it if you want.

I'm at the same boat as OP.

Flying to FLL (much cheaper flight than to MIA), booked a hotel a DT MIA because I want to explorer a bit of the city before the cruise next day (never been to MIA).

I read few thread and will probably cab it for $80 for the convenience. No wait time to pick up passenger and drop off and the trip is about 40 min. Go is about $69-79 for 2 and possible 2 hrs to arrive to my hotel.

I don't see where is $15/pp for airport pick up and drop a MIA DT hotels...

I don't see where is $15/pp for airport pick up and drop a MIA DT hotels...

The $15 fare typically applies to late morning and early afternoon runs when they can fill the van with others passengers heading to POM - if you are travelling later in the day you will likely pay more.

• 3 weeks later...

Came back from the cruise.

So arrived at FLL, I went check out the Go counter outside.

It was around 2-3pm in the afternoon. Shared Van is $30pp or $80 private car. I see the van is parked and few people waiting outside at the sitting bench, look like they need to fill out the van before departing to DT MIA.

It was hot out there, so my gf and I decide to just take the private car and leave right away. It was a Lincolin Towncar, tipped extra $10 at arrival of my Miami Hotel. So $90 in total, not the cheapest option but we did arrive to the hotel from FLL within 30 minutes and extra comfort in the Lincolin Towncar with AC tuned on for us at the moment we step in the car.

Not sure how long is the wait and drop off time with the Go Shuttle shared van.

So it is the comparison between spending extra $ for time and comfort versus the most cost efficient option.

So it is the comparison between spending extra $ for time and comfort versus the most cost efficient option.

Yup - and on vacation I am usually in the mood to spend a little more to save time and enjoy the ride. Thanks for posting your detailed review.