San Juan Flight Time

Cruising for the first time in April 2006 on RCI Serenade of the Seas. Will we have enough time to catch a noon flight from San Juan to NY if the ship's departure time is listed as 8:00 am? There is also a 2:30 pm flight. We just don't want to do a lot of hanging around at the airport but certainly want to give ourselves enough time.

Thanks for the info.

Will we have enough time to catch a noon flight from San Juan to NY if the ship's departure time is listed as 8:00 am?

Yes, provided that there are no major unexpected delays -- i.e., customs, traffic accident, etc.

So far I'm 6 for 6 on my noonish departing flight!

Our flight from San Juan to NY was at 11:50am and we had plenty of time. I remember walking into the airport at 9am. Just make sure your luggage is well marked so you can retrive it easily at the port--I have never seen so many black bags!

We sailed the AOS last year and actually made it to the airport by 9:00 AM. We were in the Diamond/Platinum departure group. DW was upset because I chose a 2:00 flight instead of an 11:00 ish flight (I didn't want to be stressed out if we were running late). On other San Juan cruises we've arrived at the airport later but usually were there by 11:00. Tough to tell if there will be a Customs delay......

There is a hotel/restaurant in town that allows you to check your luggage and you pick it up when you are ready to go to the airport. At this minute the name of the place is excaping me. But when you walk out of the cruise terminal just tell the person that is co-ordinating the taxis what you want to do. They knew right away what I wanted and the taxi driver brought us to the place.

• 1 month later...

Hello ZPOOD, we're also on the 4/22 Serenade, just letting you know there is a roll call started, hope to see your post. We had the choice of noon or 2:30 flight out of San Juan, but chose 2:30 just for some cushion, sounds like your 6pm flight out will give you plenty of "cushion" !

Archived