Really need internet for one day while cruising

Instead of connecting to "Carnival-WiFi," you can join the hidden network "crewwifi" and have unlimited complimentary access to most airline websites and many domestic banking websites.

The crewwifi waspassword protected, at least it was last week on the Splendor.

I don't trust the "free wifi" at stores/restaurants thoughout the Caribbean, it's not safe if you are doing banking, etc. Also, I did not find anyplace in Nassau that had a strong signal. Like I said, at the free wifi inside the port in Nassau, my daughter was able to connect and upload pictures on her iPhone but I had a very weak signal on my Droid HD.

The crewwifi waspassword protected, at least it was last week on the Splendor.

I don't trust the "free wifi" at stores/restaurants thoughout the Caribbean, it's not safe if you are doing banking, etc. Also, I did not find anyplace in Nassau that had a strong signal. Like I said, at the free wifi inside the port in Nassau, my daughter was able to connect and upload pictures on her iPhone but I had a very weak signal on my Droid HD.

It was never password protected when I sailed with Carnival in the past.

I'll add my voice to those suggesting you really ought to just pay the final payment before you leave. If it's an issue with not having the money in your bank account before that date, then I strongly recommend doing the payment online on the ship rather than relying on internet in port.

I've used internet in Cozumel a number of times - but depending on any number of factors, it's often highly unreliable at best. Señor Frogs will give you their wifi access information if you order a drink - but the last time I did that, it took somewhere on the order of 15-20 minutes to actually get the connection working, and it was slow as hell after that. Also, many financial sites will lock you out if you're trying to log in from foreign countries.

(The user/password issue mentioned above isn't really as serious as you think if you're going to a secure site, like most financial institutions - because your connection is encrypted on those from the browser to the website. That said, CC is *not* a secure site - they hash the password before transmitting it, but that's not, IMHO, secure enough, so you probably don't want to log into CC from a public access wifi connection… :D)

So… if you're paying online, use the ship's connection. Be patient - I've seen them go down for a hours to a full day at times, but usually you can get access when you want it. If you're paying via credit card on the Carnival.com site, you can even use the internet for free to do it. No brainer. Using your laptop or the internet cafe's machines is up to you - they work pretty much the same. I'd recommend your laptop for security.

If you're paying through another site or your financial institution, you'll need to pay for your internet access through your Sign and Sail account, at $0.75 a minute, although you can buy pre-paid packages of minutes for a discounted rate. Don't expect it to be fast - satellite internet is notoriously slow - probably slower than anything you've ever used before. But it should be sufficient to get the job done.

I have the same situation. While on our Labor Day cruise on RCI our final payment for an NCL cruise is due. My solution - pay it in full BEFORE we go on the RCI cruise so I don't have to worry about internet being slow or down etc.

OP, if your ships ties up at the Puerta Maya pier in Cozumel, you can walk from the pier out to the main road. Directly across the street is an office building with a small internet cafe and market on the ground level.

We used their desktop computers there last year and the price was very reasonable. If you have a smart phone, laptop or tablet, then you can use their wireless service plans. I recall them saying that their signal makes it out to the ship.

Will be on the Glory last week in August, however, I will need to make final payment on another cruise Sept. 1st or 2nd. (Credit card promotion).

How bad is internet connection at sea? Would it be faster if I brought my laptop? We will be in Cozumel on the 2nd. I could probably lug my laptop around to try and find WIFI there, but I really don't want to do that.

I know some cruise lines offer packages for internet minutes. Does Carnival?

Or... I have Verizon. Would it be cheaper/faster to just call in my payment and pay international roaming charges?

I have not read all of the responses.

Is it a payment on a Carnival Cruise? If so, can't you access the Carnival website for free while onboard?

Will be on the Glory last week in August, however, I will need to make final payment on another cruise Sept. 1st or 2nd. (Credit card promotion).

Do you have a friend or a family member you can trust? Leave all the information with them, explain why it must be September 1, remind them on the embarkation day.

My computer was hit by a key logger while on vacation. Please be very careful about using Internet and typing passwords for anything sensitive. Try to arrange payment on those days with your travel agent or trusted relative. Are you booked directly with a cruise line? Try calling to see if they will allow a change in final payment date.

Do you have a friend or a family member you can trust? Leave all the information with them, explain why it must be September 1, remind them on the embarkation day.

^^^This is what I would do, but if you have online banking with bill pay, you can set up a future date for your payment.