Cruising with an Infant

They'll be charged the same rate as any other child :)

ETA: Do be aware that kids must be potty trained to go in the pools, even with swim diapers.

Edited by PuterMonkey
Additional info

They'll be charged the same rate as any other child :)

ETA: Do be aware that kids must be potty trained to go in the pools, even with swim diapers.

Thanks for that - does the kids rate be much cheaper than the full rate? This whole bringing kids on holidays is going to be a whole new thing for me!

Hi, just wondering does anyone know the policies with Royal Caribbean when travelling with an infant? lo will be 18 months at the time and i am wondering what the cost would work out at.

Thanks in advance.

There are 5 ships that have a splash zone for children in swim diapers: Freedom, Liberty, Independence, Oasis, and Allure. Any other ship will require children to be potty trained to use the pools.

Children are charged the same as adults with regard to the cruise fare. Their fare may be cheaper than the parents by virtue of the fact that they are usually the 3rd or 4th guest in a stateroom, not their age.

Edited by clarea

For our May 31st sailing on Oasis we paid $549 for our daughter (7 months at the time) to sail with us.

There's a lot of debate about how fair it is - I mean in our case she didn't eat any of the ships food. Regardless we just sucked it up and paid it. However with the BOGOHO special running currently it is astronomical to add her to our room. For example we paid $1222 for hubby and I combined and they want $1100 to add her. So right now unless pricing changes after this sale ends it might be an adults only trip.

For other tips about sailing with an infant check out my Oasis review linked below.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They were recently running a special where 3rd/4th person in the room are free. Keep an eye out for that!

Like the others said, the 3rd/4th person in a room is the same price whether they are an adult or an infant. And, if the child is not potty trained, you might want to only consider the ships that have a splash zone.

Hi, just wondering does anyone know the policies with Royal Caribbean when travelling with an infant? lo will be 18 months at the time and i am wondering what the cost would work out at.

Thanks in advance.

See link to Adventure Ocean program and Royal Babies and Tots in my signature

Lots of useful information there for you.

Any questions you have w.r.t the little one. Will gladly help, our now 12 year old has cruised with us since she was 6months old, so we have experience with sitters, kids club, nursery and all that RC has to offer.. A great program fleet wide.

Enjoy your Cruise

Happy Days!