Recent Vision Cruisers to Cozumel Time Change ?

Any recent cruisers to Cozumel 4 day. The itinerary says that we leave port at 6:30. Is that Cozumel time or ship time?

Does the Vision change its clock to agree with Cozumel time? I am booking a Dolphin excursion at 1pm Cozumel time and want to make sure that I have enough time to get back to the ship.

It's always ship time, whether ship time and port time are the same, that is the question. Was on the Vision in May and we changed time to CDT for Coz. That's not a guarantee it will be the same for you when you sail.

The website says you depart at 6:30PM... that very well may be the time in Cozumel if the ship changes time to match CDT. To be honest there is no way to know for sure what the ship is going to do on each cruise. You can only get an indication by what was done previously.

When we did the dolphin swim it was not very far from where the ship docked. I guess that is still the same place, if so I would think you have enough time.

It's always ship time, whether ship time and port time are the same, that is the question. Was on the Vision in May and we changed time to CDT for Coz. That's not a guarantee it will be the same for you when you sail.

We just got back for the 4 day Vision sailing to Cozumel. They told us to turn our clocks back one hour before going to bed prior to Cozumel so the ship did the same to match their time. Later that night after leaving Cozumel, they told us to turn our clocks ahead 1 hour before turning in for the evening therefore when we woke up the following morning it was back to eastern standard time. Hope that helps with your thinking/planning.

Yes , thanks. Do you happen to remember if you had to be back on the ship at 6:30 then?

The ship changed time to match Cozumel and we were instructed to do the same. So.... if one has to be back by a certain time then that was it. Meaning in reality since we move our clocks back one hour we actually had an extra hour in Cozumel but then lost it that evening prior to turning in for the night by pushing our clocks ahead again. To be honest I do not remember as if the ship states a given time we like to be back in plenty of time just in case one gets stuck in traffic. We spent the day at Mr. Sanchos and they close at 5PM. We left there around 4:30 and headed back to the ship with plenty of time to do any shopping if one wanted to do so.

Vision does change time to local time. I was just on the June 23rd sailing and the first two nights we fell back to get to Honduras time on Wednesday, and then jumped ahead an hour Wednesday night to get on Cozumel time.

Although, We were told it's captain's discretion to change time so you might want to make sure it's the same captain.

Yes , thanks. Do you happen to remember if you had to be back on the ship at 6:30 then?

Passenger all aboard time is normally 30 minutes before the posted departure time. In this case 6:00. I have seen the ship sale before the posted time if everyone is on board, I don't believe they will sail before the posted departure if there are some stragglers at Sr. Frogs!