Hurricane Arthur?

landre1020

Soooo, what will happen if this storm does develop into a hurricane? I'm supposed to train it to NY Sat AM... I know what Cunard did in January when there was that blizzard - they held the ship until passengers flying in arrived. If I have to go down on Sunday, I'd be panicked until I got there... Any thoughts?

Thanks, Lisa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As of 8AM the storm is only a tropical depression and would not reach NY area until Saturday night. Since your are traveling by train - the day before - you should be fine.

And if it develops into a big storm? They only hold the ship for late arriving Cunard sponsored flights. Hope you took out travel insurance.

Edited by BlueRiband

According to the latest NOAA forecast, the tropical depression should pass to the south of Long Island by Friday night. Saturday and Sunday will be sunny and pleasant.

Oh I do hope so, I will be traveling Saturday, leaving FL at 10.55a.m arriving NY a bit over 2 hours later.

When are you travelling, how is your wife's new hip?

See you (all being well ) Commodore Room Monday 7th.

Travel safely

Lynn

As of 8AM the storm is only a tropical depression and would not reach NY area until Saturday night. Since your are traveling by train - the day before - you should be fine.

And if it develops into a big storm? They only hold the ship for late arriving Cunard sponsored flights. Hope you took out travel insurance.

Yes, I did! But, I will be much distressed if I miss this voyage!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh I do hope so, I will be traveling Saturday, leaving FL at 10.55a.m arriving NY a bit over 2 hours later.

When are you travelling, how is your wife's new hip?

See you (all being well ) Commodore Room Monday 7th.

Travel safely

Lynn

Lynn,

We leave for New York on the 4th. We'll be staying with our son in the hip neighborhood of Williamsburg which, given my wife's more remarkable recovery from surgery, couldn't be more appropriate.

We'll see you on the 7th in the Commodore Club, no doubt about it!

John