Majesty of Seas Condition

Mark

I am considering a cruise on Majesty of Seas in December and was wondering avout the condition of the ship since she has been in service for some years now. I know that her sister ships Sovereign and Monarch have had extensive modernization and renovation work done during dry dock as per the recent television show. However, I have not read anything that states Majecty has had the same multi-million dollar face lift.

Please advise:confused:

I wish I had a more recent opinion to give; however, I found Majesty to be plenty clean without noticable wear and tear. There weren't any flaws in our room, public areas, the pool, etc. that jumped out at our attention. Hope this helps... :o

They have rock-climbing wall listed under the Ship's Highlightson the RCCL website...

There are also pictures at Webshots.com - go to the community section and plug in Majesty Wall as the search...

Thanks for the info, I went to the RCCL website and compared facilities on Sovereign and Monarch to those on the Majecty. Well, guess what? It is obvious that Majesty has not been upgraded to the same level as her two sister ships.

Thanks again:)

Thanks for the info, I went to the RCCL website and compared facilities on Sovereign and Monarch to those on the Majecty. Well, guess what? It is obvious that Majesty has not been upgraded to the same level as her two sister ships.

Thanks again:)

I'm a Majesty repeat cruiser, and can vouch that the ship is in great shape. What kind of facilities were you looking for?

Well, on tV they showed how additional balcony cabins were added along with removal of the movie theatre...this appears not to have been done on Majesty.

In addition, Johnnie Rockets and Sorrento Pizza was added along with the expansion of Windjammer. All of the public areas and lounges were totally refurbished along with the bedding in the cabins.

I don't know if you saw the program on Sovereign on Cable TV but it seems like they basically created a new and better Sovereign.

Mark

Yes, they did do a huge "overhaul" to Sovereign, but I was just on Majesty in June and she is still a lovely ship even without the upgrades that Sovereign received. Majesty is in very good shape and you don't feel her age when you are onboard her. She is clean, elegant, and tastefully decorated. Service was top-notch and food was good too. We had a very nice balcony cabin and our cabin steward was right on top of things. Here is a link to my photos if you want to see what Majesty is looking like these days...

http://community.webshots.com/album/378284889AadqKL

Bonnie,

Thanks for the photos, they were great! Do you remember your deck, cabin number or category?

I was interested in booking the Majesty since I need one more crusie for number 10 and Diamond status and the ship reminds me of an old favorite Song of America. I was on the sisiter ship Monarch of the Seas back in the 90's and loved it.

Thanks again

Mark:)

yes, the Sovereign has been refurbished and not the Majesty but she is a very pretty ship. I had 2 concerns when we cruised her: 1-the buffet area is really small and very hard to manipulate. The lines were unbelievably long; second concern, the size of the cabins. I think the standard inside cabin is about 115 sq ft and the outside not much larger. If you are thinking of a jr suite that would be different. NMnita

ps one more problem; we thought the food was not up to par with other lines, but remember, food is very subjective. Just because we didn't flip over it does not mean others won't. I did order a side of Asparagus one night and think the brought me a lb, well maybe not, but boy was there a lot and was it awesome.....

Nita, the inside cabins are 119 sq ft, oceanviews range from 122-157 sq ft and so on. We chose the Majesty over the Sovereign because of the addiitional ports. I think I read that the Majesty is scheduled for refurbishment sometime next year, unless that has changed.

Just booked her today for Febuary 6th of 2006, for my birthday, I finally got my partner to sail with me after 6 years of being togather. I am glad I got to see the pictures of her and also everyone that posted she is a clean ship, I was kind of worried with her being a little old and all, I have only sailed RCCL once, so this will be my second , cant wait to see her.

who is paige you ask, her and i met on a cruise and have been cruise buddies for some time now, gonna be nice to be able to romantic on this cuise with my life partner.

Well, on tV they showed how additional balcony cabins were added along with removal of the movie theatre...this appears not to have been done on Majesty.

In addition, Johnnie Rockets and Sorrento Pizza was added along with the expansion of Windjammer. All of the public areas and lounges were totally refurbished along with the bedding in the cabins.

I don't know if you saw the program on Sovereign on Cable TV but it seems like they basically created a new and better Sovereign.

Mark

To each his own, but one of the reasons we love Majesty is that she has a "small ship" feel--and we can live without JR's and Sorrento. She is still a very pretty ship and has a great crew.

We went on Majesty last year for our honeymoon. It's the only cruise I've been on so far, so I can't compare it to others, but I thought the ship was wonderful. Very clean and pretty, and the food was soooo good! Just avoid the elevators, they are possessed or something!

We went on Majesty last year for our honeymoon. It's the only cruise I've been on so far, so I can't compare it to others, but I thought the ship was wonderful. Very clean and pretty, and the food was soooo good! Just avoid the elevators, they are possessed or something!

Our family (2 adults, 4 children) just came back today from the four day Majesty cruise and had a wonderful time. The ship was in good condition - not nearly as worn as I expected after reading some of the comments. Although the ship does have areas that need refreshing (for example, some of the chairs in the lounges etc), the ship is generally in good shape and the staff was friendly and attentive. I definitely recommend the Majesty and would happily return (except that I just booked the Freedom for next summer!). I will write a more detailed review in a few days.

Nita, the inside cabins are 119 sq ft, oceanviews range from 122-157 sq ft and so on. We chose the Majesty over the Sovereign because of the addiitional ports. I think I read that the Majesty is scheduled for refurbishment sometime next year, unless that has changed.
I think I was pretty close on the sq footage then, huh? AS for 157 sq ft, those are the deluxe outside, not standard. I was referring to standard. NMNita

I was on Majesty in April. She looked real nice. Staff was very good, especially those in the dining room. We mentioned we were celebrating mom's 70th b'day and the next night she was given cheesecake with a candle. It showed their attentiveness.

Cjhbeh, I noticed you just returned. If you are not using your friend coupon for an upcoming cruise, could I have it? I want to take my family on a cruise next year.

Archived