Espresso options on the Getaway

ggcruiser

My mom is a bit of a coffee snob, but in a good way, lol. We are cruising with her for the first time on the Getaway and she is wondering about the quality of espresso on the ship. I am not a coffee drinker, so despite having cruised quite a bit, I have no idea what to tell her about the coffee on board, specifically espresso. I assume there is espresso available in the morning in the Atrium, at the bar there, right? Does anyone have any idea what it costs or if it's any good? Thank you, and my mom thanks you :-)

You can get coffee at the atrium bar, as you say. I usually get a latte from there, which costs in the region of $3 (from memory). I can't say how much espresso is.

I often have an espresso after my meal in the speciality restaurants, which I've always found to be pretty good. It's always fairly random as to whether they charge for it, but when they do it is quite reasonably priced. $3 for a double or something like that.

Edit: As is often the case, Gambee has the answer. The link below goes to a page with drinks menus on it. It seems an Espresso is $1.50 for a single and $2.50 for a double.

I think those prices are from the Breakaway just over a year ago, but I'm not aware of them having changed.

http://www.cruisewithgambee.com/norwegian-drink-lists/

Edited by KeithJenner

Very helpuful :-) Anyone know the hours of the atrium? I would assume coffee lovers can get there fix by 6 am...

It may be different on the Getaway, but in the Epic the Atrium cafe opens at 7am according the the dailies from late May.

It may be different on the Getaway, but in the Epic the Atrium cafe opens at 7am according the the dailies from late May.

Same for the Getaway back in March: 7am-close (no specific time indicated for close)

I am a coffee lover as well, most of the coffee in the cafés and dining rooms are terrible. However, some of the specialty restaurants offer French Press coffee which is outstanding. If you are staying in the Haven, each room has Lavazza Expresso/Coffee machines which are awesome. I have French press coffee every morning in the Haven Restaurant. Hope this helps. Have fun and enjoy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums