MSC Yacht Club Questions

malgovert

We always do the 'self off' the ship at the end of the trip no matter which cruiseline we are on.

It has become a very popular option and is sometimes a zoo to try and get off.

On the Divina, the butler led the way...before others were allowed off...and had the elevator held so you had no problem getting on. It was a great help. You are then the first to customs so you do not get caught up in any posible backup.

a little yacht club humor...

We were dining at the yc club dining room one night when they had steak as a specialty.

It was so huge I thought that is was a mistake on the cut they gave me but when I looked around...everyine else's was as large....absolutley fabulous...

anyway, we heard a lady behind us say to the waiter, "if I cannot eat all of this, might I take the leftovers back to my cabin? Absolutely NOT ! " repilied the waiter.

He then added..."You butler will be happy to carry your leftovers for you"!

That is the yacht club for you....we were in the lounge drinking wine when we decided to go back to our cabin. When they saw us start to leave, we had to convince them we were each capable of carrying a glass of wine so they would not do it for us !

• 2 months later...

Just off the Divina YC this past week. Funny story...every morning I would meander down to the Top Sail for my morning espresso...and every morning the butler would INSIST on carrying back this little itty bitty cup of coffee on a big tray for me...it absolutely tickled me pink! I kept insisting that I was capable of carrying a cup of coffee but they wouldn't let me. I just LOVED our butler and every single wait person in the YC! Service is absolutely and utterly AMAZING and worth every penny we paid!

I wanted a G & T before our butler came to take us to dinner so I emerged from our Suite with ice bucket in hand - was intending to go to the bar and get it filled. I had taken two steps outside the door when our butler appeared and said "no, no, no madam go back to your suite" He followed me within two minutes with ice and sliced lemon. Exceptional service always.