Cool Girl & Crazy Mom do the Med-Venice: A (very delayed) review of a Serenade voyage

Iceland you say....That sounds fun. We are doing the same as you and taking the lazy way out in Naples and doing the Vesuvius hike/Pompeii tour. 4 days until our travel to Barcelona begins!

If I have counted correctly, today is the beginning of you adventure!!!! Woohoo!!! You're going to have so much fun in Barcelona beforehand... it'll get you warmed up for all the fun you are going to have once your actual cruise starts.

I hope you have as much fun on the Vesuvius/Pompeii tour as the Munchkin and I did. She was such a good sport about getting her little legs up the side of that mountain :D I'm glad we went there first and got the "hard" exercising out of the way... it made walking around in flat Pompeii a breeze...haha!

Seriously though, I hope you have an amazing, wonderful and truly memorable trip... I'm know you will! Come back and give us your take when you get back. Heck, maybe you can write a review about it that takes over a year to finish :p

Melissa :cool:

Lol, this popped up on my thread any you still haven't finished Rome :)

Sent from my iPhone

We are also doing a TA next month with 3 stops in Iceland, not an overnight so it can't be the same line.

We are doing a. 7 night Norway cruise first so looking forward to all new stops too, lots of them.

You know you are not going to be writing 3 days in Rome onboard lol

Sent from my iPhone

And you still have that little fella in your signature that makes me smile!!!!

My TA is on Brilliance in early Sept. So many people on that cruise also seem to be doing a Baltic cruise first... like you. One of these days I will get to cross a B2B off my bucket list. This trip though, I am very happy to cross off a TA (my first ever) and a trip to the Blue Lagoon in Iceland. It's been one of the places I always wanted to get to since I first saw a show about it on TV. But I truly never thought I would find myself in Iceland and actually be able to do it... so this will be extra "cool" (oh, wait... see what I did there without even planning it.... Cool=Cool Girl :cool:, Cool=Iceland and Cool because... well it is...lol)

It will be fun though for so many reasons.... tons of sea days to just relax and every single port we stop at is a new one to me. Heck, I didn't even know the Faroe Islands existed before I booked this cruise (no offense to the folks from there... I can't wait to visit your country) :)

Melissa

If I have counted correctly, today is the beginning of you adventure!!!! Woohoo!!! You're going to have so much fun in Barcelona beforehand... it'll get you warmed up for all the fun you are going to have once your actual cruise starts.

I hope you have as much fun on the Vesuvius/Pompeii tour as the Munchkin and I did. She was such a good sport about getting her little legs up the side of that mountain :D I'm glad we went there first and got the "hard" exercising out of the way... it made walking around in flat Pompeii a breeze...haha!

Seriously though, I hope you have an amazing, wonderful and truly memorable trip... I'm know you will! Come back and give us your take when you get back. Heck, maybe you can write a review about it that takes over a year to finish :p

Melissa :cool:

you are correct. we are currently sitting at DFW in the delta lounge waiting to board. have a 5hr layover in JFK so the lounge pass was a must for us. got it free with the credit card points too :D

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Melissa,

Found your review a few days ago and have been reading almost non-stop (at least at night while my grand kids slept as I'm having this week off helping my daughter with their kids). Just got to the end and realized that it does not finish. Was hoping to read about Rome as I love that city. Is there another thread where you finished this review or maybe added to your review of the TA? Will have to go find it!

Thanks for a great and funny review!!

Deborah

Melissa,

Found your review a few days ago and have been reading almost non-stop (at least at night while my grand kids slept as I'm having this week off helping my daughter with their kids). Just got to the end and realized that it does not finish. Was hoping to read about Rome as I love that city. Is there another thread where you finished this review or maybe added to your review of the TA? Will have to go find it!

Thanks for a great and funny review!!

Deborah

she left us with a cliffhanger :(

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...