Customer Service on the Norwegian Star?

Annie54

Can anyone share their recent experience on the Norwegian Star, in terms of customer service? I had such a poor experience with NCL's reservations line that I'm thinking about cancelling my Sept. 22 European cruise, for fear that their customer service is bad in general. I'm hoping that maybe it's just an isolated problem and that they treat customers well on board. Anyone have feedback to share? Thanks very much!

Can anyone share their recent experience on the Norwegian Star, in terms of customer service? I had such a poor experience with NCL's reservations line that I'm thinking about cancelling my Sept. 22 European cruise, for fear that their customer service is bad in general. I'm hoping that maybe it's just an isolated problem and that they treat customers well on board. Anyone have feedback to share? Thanks very much!

Can't speak for the Star recently, but for all the NCL ships we've been on, including the Star, the customer service folks have been just great. On the Getaway recently, they even had an expediter standing out in the atrium area approaching each person in line, if there was a line, helping them with what they would be looking for. I might add, I've seen some of the guests at the customer service desk occasionally beening much less than pleasant when talking with the very nice customer service crew who were trying to assist them.

Are you anticipating lots of issues that you will need customer service?

Out of all our cruises, I've probably had to visit Customer Service a handful of times. That worry would certainly not affect my cruise selection.

While I have not yet been on the Star (it's on my list) all of my cruises with NCL have been wonderful and the service is always friendly and excellent.

Relax and have a great cruise:)

We had WONDERFUL service on The Star.. It was our first NCL cruise..and we were so happy with the service. It was the reason we booked again with another NCL ship (for a different itinerary).

We have sailed twice on the Star for a combined 27 days and experienced wonderful service both times. I did the cruise you are on last year. You have a unique and wonderful itinerary (actually better than ours). I wouldn't cancel this one for anything. (I seriously considered canceling my cruise last year and booking yours because of the superior itinerary.)

Edited by Cubechick

I will be on that cruise too! I was on the star January and February for a B2B cruise through the Panama Canal. I had absolutely no complaints which is why I specifically looked for another cruise on the star. You will not be disappointed. Unfortunately Ncl via phone is in its own category all by itself. Have you joined our rollcall? I am usually always in charge of them however this time I am not. However the person in charge to sign you up and it's a great experience. Hope to meet you on board.

Harriet

Thank you, everyone! This is such helpful and reassuring feedback, and I will definitely proceed with the cruise now and will look forward to my trip! It's really helpful to hear that my phone experience with NCL wasn't unique, but that despite those problems, the cruise experience itself should still be great!

Harriett, I haven't joined the roll call yet but will do that today...hope to meet you onboard, too!

THANK YOU ALL - really appreciate it! I can't tell you what a difference your comments made in my level of excitement about the trip!

We have sailed twice on the Star for a combined 27 days and experienced wonderful service both times. I did the cruise you are on last year. You have a unique and wonderful itinerary (actually better than ours). I wouldn't cancel this one for anything. (I seriously considered canceling my cruise last year and booking yours because of the superior itinerary.)

I was booked on the one last year, and I DID cancel it to take this itinerary instead - I'll also be on the ship with you.

The phone-rooms at NCL are like the phone rooms for most companies....staffed as an 'entry-level' job, with people who don't have a lot of experience.

The ships are staffed with crew who frequently have sailed several contracts, and who have loads of experience. Plus, customer service is always better in-person, than over the phone....because tone-of-voice can impact an impression more than what is actually said...and it can be misconstrued so easily.

This is an amazing itinerary, and you'll have a blast. We do have a Roll Call going, here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1757019

Stephen

Edited by sjbdtz