The Bungee Cord Patrol

While I can understand the rationale behind lashing stacks of deck chairs to the railing when rough weather is expected, can someone give some insight into why the Bungee Cord Patrol made the rounds of the Liberty's decks before the evening movie to render the expected seating unavailable. We were sailing in calm seas and we arrived for the movie to find that the few chairs that weren't decisively attached to railings were already occupied by the early arrivals.

Edited by emeraldcity

Only a guess, but could they have washed the decks early the next morning. They usually stack them the night prior, as I just saw this happen in Oasis last week around the basketball court on deck 17. They were stacked late in the day (7 pm). The next morning at 7 they were mopping and pushing the excess water away, and it did not rain that night.

That would not help those wanting to watch a movie. If that was the case for your situation it was poor planning between maintenance and the activity staff. Either that, or they lashed them all down as they were expecting Gail force winds, but why would you go out to watch a movie???

Like I said only a guess, but not a bad one.