11 night transatlantic on quantum or first time alaskan cruise???????????????????????

ssa444

It won't change the outcome but you might be able to save pictures ect if you were half an hour away compared to 6 days away. I was thinking more on the lines of a car accident happening to an immediate relative, child or grandchild for instance. Five or six days before being able to fly home would seem like an eternity to me. I can't possibly the only one that has ever thought of a scenario such as this.

Believe me, if my house were on fire and I was only a short distance away, I would not be entering the house to save pictures (or anything else).

Maybe I'm too much of a "life goes on" sort of person, but, generally, everyone that I know that may be in a car accident, or other possibly life-threating situation would be aware that I'm on a trip and not able to be home "in a couple of hours".

Yes, I would probably feel sad that I wasn't able to be there immediately, but they (and others in the family) are aware that it just may not be possible. There's no one at home that it would be necessary for us to be there to make decisions, as our children are all adults now.

Having just done a TA on Brilliance, I will tell you that the best entertainment was dinner and show in the evening. The other activities had long lines and you had to get there an hour early to see a movie or to get a place for watercolor. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the cruise, but I was up early to get a chair in the solarium and spent hours there because I chose reading to waiting an hour on line for an activity or a seat at an activity (including trivia). There is a reason TA's are so inexpensive.

Until RCCL gets their Quantum dinner and show reservation systems straight, I would not trust that there will not be havoc and disappointment on the TA. I would also want to know that there was going to be a unique show every night.

I will do another TA as a quiet way to get to or from Europe and combine it with additional time in Europe as we did on this cruise. I am not sure they let you do that with cruise air but just guessing.